none
SSMA - Cannot change destination database

Pertanyaan

• I have created an SSMA project to transfer data from MySQL to SQL Server and it works fine - unitl I change the database that it will migrate to (same server, different database).  The databases are identical except for the database name.  The user has sys_admin role.  There are no clear error mseesges, only the following:

Migrating data...
    Analyzing metadata...
    Preparing table rfa_td.td_datapusher...
    Preparing data migration package...
    Starting data migration Engine
    Starting data migration...
    Data migration operation has finished.
     0 table(s) successfully migrated.
     0 table(s) partially migrated.
     1 table(s) failed to migrate.

Can anyone shed light on this?

29 Agustus 2011 18:45

Semua Balasan

• I have created an SSMA project to transfer data from MySQL to SQL Server and it works fine - unitl I change the database that it will migrate to (same server, different database).  The databases are identical except for the database name.  The user has sys_admin role.  There are no clear error mseesges, only the following:

Hi ,

Are MySQL source database and the SQL Server destination database located on the same server or different servers?
    Please make sure the account you are using has sufficient privilige.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    31 Agustus 2011 7:06
  • As I stated, the account has sys_admin role, and the only differfence is a change of destination database name. I have even taken the target database and renamed it on SQL Server, and made a corresponding change to the project and it gives the same result.  This is not a permission or location problem.
    Gino at Qualcomm
    31 Agustus 2011 16:53
  • I have exactly the same error:(

Someone have any ideas on this problem ???
    02 Januari 2012 15:34
  • please go through the given lnk.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141095.aspx

01 Mei 2012 10:42
  • Its not intuitive I know - compared to the paid migration tools.

This steps works great for me. You'll need to go through the Migraion Wizard again..

FILE > Migration Wizard > Add Local DB > Add Target DB.

In the target DB, it'll show both the Server and also DB selection.. (its the only windows that shows this)
    Cheers

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh kvrampage 08 Juni 2012 5:50
    • Diedit oleh kvrampage 08 Juni 2012 5:51
    08 Juni 2012 5:48
  • In the same folder as your .a2ssproj file is the file "resolver.config". Edit this and replace the original destination database with the new destination database. These databases MUST exist on the same instance of the same server for this to work.

07 Januari 2013 12:52