I have the application with SQL Server CE 4.0 private deployment. It's work correctly in standalone mode. But when I try to use this installed application as "external program" in vs2010 for debugging an addon dll for this application I get exception:
is not a valid Win32 application.(Exception from 0x800700C1)
As I undestood the sqlserverce cannot find native libraries. When I copied the libraries from the x86 subfolder to app folder then the application is successfully launched from under the vs.
Is there a better way to debug what this hack?
Are you using Internet Information Services (IIS) 7? If so, please try the following steps:
- Go to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Click on Application Pool
- Look for your web application in application pool
- Right-click the web application, go to Advanced Settings
- Enable 32-bit Applications by checking it.
Best Regards, Ray Chen