Pertanyaan

• Hi Team,

I am configuraring database mirroing in server A to Server B here

Sever B is showing In Revoery

I have tried in the below to bring in normal mode

Restore Database xxx with Recovery

but here it is giving below Error

Msg 3104, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESTORE cannot operate on database 'Trace' because it is configured for database mirroring. Use ALTER DATABASE to remove mirroring if you intend to restore the database.

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

subu

23 Februari 2012 14:29

Jawaban

• Hello,

Could you give us the background detail of what happened? Was there a failover and the database didni't recover? What safety level of mirroring was used? Are you trying to get rid of mirroring on that database and recover it as is? Are you still trying the initial setup of database mirroring?

If you are just trying to drop mirroring and recover the database you can use the following:

ALTER DATABASE Trace SET PARTNER = OFF
    GO

RESTORE DATABASE Trace WITH RECOVERY
    GO

If you don't want to destroy the mirroring of the database please give us some more information so we can help you out.

-Sean

23 Februari 2012 15:23

Semua Balasan

• Hello,

Could you give us the background detail of what happened? Was there a failover and the database didni't recover? What safety level of mirroring was used? Are you trying to get rid of mirroring on that database and recover it as is? Are you still trying the initial setup of database mirroring?

If you are just trying to drop mirroring and recover the database you can use the following:

ALTER DATABASE Trace SET PARTNER = OFF
    GO

RESTORE DATABASE Trace WITH RECOVERY
    GO

If you don't want to destroy the mirroring of the database please give us some more information so we can help you out.

-Sean

23 Februari 2012 15:23
  • Hi Team,

database was in recovery mode

I have tried using  below command

RESTORE DATABASE Trace WITH No RECOVERY

after the database showing restoring mode.

next i have restored tha database next t-log also next i have configured mirroring it is working fine

Thanks your help sean.

subu

23 Februari 2012 15:47