none
Issue with power pivot configuration tool

Pertanyaan

• When I am configuring power pivot for share point 2010 using power pivot configuration tool I am getting this error

Except this "create power pivot service application", every task is validated and run successfully. Please help me with this issue.

24 Januari 2012 9:20

Semua Balasan

• Could this be of any help? http://hermansberghem.blogspot.com/2008/02/system-policies-must-have-full-control.html
    Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.
    24 Januari 2012 9:36
  • I have unchecked operate as sytem account for two users (ntauthority\local user & myself) both have full control and full read options. Still it ios giving sdame error. Actually, I am not getting the "New" tab in the ribbon itself to create any service application in manage service applications.
    24 Januari 2012 10:30
  • Do you have user account control turned on or did you start CentralAdmin as an administrator?
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.
    24 Januari 2012 10:31
  • Earlier, I didn't start it as administrator. I started it as administrator and the "new" tab is appearing now. But how can I specify it to the power pivot configuration tool? I am the farm administrator. Do I still need to open it as admin?

24 Januari 2012 10:40
  • You should start the tool as admin as well.
    24 Januari 2012 10:41
  • I have tried by opening it as administrator. Still it is giving same error. What are system policies in share point 2010?

24 Januari 2012 10:59
  • Hi Sachin_100,

Thanks for your question, firstly please make sure you have install the SharePoint Server 2010 SP1, which is available at this link Download and install SharePoint Server 2010 SP1.

Besides, I would recommend you follow this document about how Install PowerPivot for SharePoint http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210708(v=sql.110).aspx 

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

31 Januari 2012 7:00
  • Hi Dhanumjay,

I had the exactly the same issue now. I realised that I actually needed to have the Claims to Windows Token Service, Excel Services and Secure Store running on each server in my farm. If you have a SQL server with SP installed, on this server too.

Run IISRESET.

Thanks,
    Sat

02 Agustus 2012 10:55