none
SSMS 2012 and LocalDB problem: can't edit or create new diagrams

Pertanyaan

• OK, yesterday I installed SMS2012 and got it to work with LocalDB (installed 4.0.2 update for .NET 4, etc, etc). All good. System is Win 7 x64, also with VS 2010 + SP1, system is fully up-to-date.

I created new diagram in a database, save it, all good. But now when I want to modify that diagram (or create a new one) I get following eror:

===================================

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (SQLEditors)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.ISqlVirtualProject.CreateDesigner(Urn origUrn, DocumentType editorType, DocumentOptions aeOptions, IManagedConnection con, String fileName)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.VsDocumentMenuItem.CreateDesignerWindow(IManagedConnection mc, DocumentOptions options)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.VsDocumentMenuItem.InvokeDesigner(IManagedConnection connection)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Editors.VsDocumentMenuItem.Invoke()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ToolsMenuItemBase.MenuInvokedHandler(Object sender, EventArgs args)

11 Maret 2012 17:12

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

how did you create the diagram? 

smiling~

13 Maret 2012 4:50
  • There's a case on MS Connect for this, however they've closed it as
    not reproducible. Add discussion to it if you're having the problem (I
    get it on the RTM version of SSMS 2012):

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/730985/smss-crashes-when-creating-new-database-diagram#tabs

Christopher Scholten 龘龗蘇            ➔ If this posting was helpful, please mark it as such (at top) ✔

21 Juli 2012 1:03