none
Application redirection Failover partner

Question

• Hi..

I am using Entity framework model .  so how I write to redirect my application failover partner to my Mirror server.

This is my connetion String,

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="VLTSLog" connectionString="Data Source=uldbtest;Initial Catalog=VTLSLogDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=usrvtls;Password=usr@#vtls"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
        <add name="VTLSExceptionHandling" connectionString="Data Source=uldbtest;Initial Catalog=VTLSEXceptionDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=usrvtls;Password=usr@#vtls"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
          <add name="CampaignEntities"  connectionString="metadata=res://*/CampaignModel.csdl|res://*/CampaignModel.ssdl|res://*/CampaignModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=uldbtest;Initial Catalog=dbvtls;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=usrvtls;Password=usr@#vtls;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
      </connectionStrings>

Ismailhaider
    lundi 15 décembre 2008 11:15

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Ismailhaider,

You can use the "Failover Partner" connection string attribute.  For instance:

"Data Source=uldbtest;Initial Catalog=VTLSLogDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=usrvtls;Password=usr@#vtls;
    providerName=System.Data.SqlClient;Failover Partner=MyMirrorServer"

Does this help?

Aaron Alton | thehobt.blogspot.com
    • Proposé comme réponse slkj jeudi 25 octobre 2012 20:33
    mercredi 17 décembre 2008 05:02
  • "Data Source=uldbtest;Failover Partner=MyMirrorServe;Initial Catalog=VTLSLogDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=usrvtls;Password=usr@#vtls;
    providerName=System.Data.SqlClient"

If i wirte Data Source=uldbtest;Failover Partner=MyMirrorServ   then its write

When I start fail over,  My Event viewer on Mirror server ,when application wants to redirect on mirror, Its says Login fail for 'softechus\vtlsdb$'  

Why, I have no user this type of in my server .

Ismailhaider
    mercredi 17 décembre 2008 17:23
  • Good question - I don't have any idea why you're receiving that error.  Might be a mixup in the sids, but I woudn't expect it to try to log in with the wrong ID.  Does the login (with the password that you've specified) exist on the mirror server?  Can you manually log in using that information?
    mercredi 17 décembre 2008 18:50
  • My principal datbase server name is 'VTLSDB'  , and and I failover the server, In Mirror server, application tries to coonect database on mirror

Event viewer says, Login failed Softechus\vtlsdb$     Softechus is my domain name, and vtlsdb is my server name and also my database name of principal server, But I havent this type of login in Principal server,   My aplication  login Id sa and paassword=' I manually create this login and password on mirror with the same name and password,  I think my Instance dastabase vtlsdb$ want to access other server ,but I addes this on Mirror server Softechus\vtlsdb$ and have sysadmin rights, But Its didnt works and raise same time of error in Event viewer

Ismailhaider
    mercredi 17 décembre 2008 18:59
  • Ismailhaider,

Did you get your issue resolved?  I didn't see your response until now (the alerts are still a bit patchy).  Please let me know - if you still need help, I'll try to get a few others to look at your problem.
    mercredi 14 janvier 2009 03:46
  • Hello,

I have an application using Entity Framework 4.

I was wondering if it was possible to use SQL Server 2008 R2 mirroring with Entity Framework 4 connection string.

I Suppose i only need to add Failover Partner in the

Provider Connection String property ? Am i right ?

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="BDDContainer" connectionString="metadata=res://*/BDD.csdl|res://*/BDD.ssdl|res://*/BDD.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=COMPUTER\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyCatalog;Integrated Security=True;Pooling=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;"
          providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

</connectionStrings>

would become

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="BDDContainer" connectionString="metadata=res://*/BDD.csdl|res://*/BDD.ssdl|res://*/BDD.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string="Data Source=COMPUTER\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyCatalog;Integrated Security=True;Pooling=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;FAILOVER PARTNER=myFailOverPartner"
          providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

</connectionStrings>
    mercredi 23 février 2011 10:20
  • Looks like SID issue, Did login created with same SID on both principle and mirror servers

mercredi 23 février 2011 14:01
  • Any updates please
    lundi 14 mars 2011 09:30
  • Issue resolved
    Ismailhaider
    lundi 14 mars 2011 16:56
  • Great Stuff

lundi 14 mars 2011 20:16
  • Hi Ismail

Can you please tell us how you resolved this issue? What changed you made?

Thanks

lundi 30 janvier 2012 20:46