none
remember my password account, delete account from auto suggest list

Pregunta

• Hi just a message to suggest a little update to add in order to help developper :

I use to manage my database with sql server management studio.

I also use to connect to my database (a copy for developpement) with sa account. It's a dev db so i don't care if i put the mess.

All my applications (winforms, silverlight, even ASP.NET) are connecting to the database with an account called « auxilog_user »

If you have the misfortune to connect one time but only one time with this account -> auxilog_user instead of sa

Sql server management will always suggest you auxilog_user even if you didn't used it since severals mounth (years ?) !

You can’t delete it from the list. It’s very boring when you lunch sql server management 10 times a day.

At last but not least : the checkbox «  [v] remember my password » doesn’t work at all if your password change for a different server (with another adress)

Let say that my sa password is  « admin » for a database and « administrator » for another. SQL management studio won’t remember the password for each database. Even if you check the checkbox remember mypassword.

I work on Windows xp most of my time.

It is easy to fix and will remove a lot of pain for all developper. It’s the kind of stuff that make people thought that « sql server is **** compared to oracle / Postgre »

martes, 26 de abril de 2011 9:22

Respuestas

• Hi Nk54,

Thank you for your post.

What's the version of your SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS)? If you want to delete the history of your user name from the dropdown list, you could follow the below method:

• For SQL Server 2005 SSMS:
      Delete the file  C:\Documents and Settings\(User_Login)\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Shell\mru.dat and reboot the SSMS.
    • For SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 SSMS:
      Delete the file  C:\Documents and Settings\(User_Login)\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Shell\SqlStudio.bin and reboot the SSMS.

The above method would clear all history information in the dropdown list of SQL Server Management Studio.

For the "Remember Password" function, it will work if you select the login name from the dropdown list which the login name and password have been already recorded before.

In addition, if you are not satisfied with this function of SQL Server Management Studio, I would like to suggest you submit a feedback to Microsoft at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer so that we can try to modify and expand the product features based on your needs.

Thanks,
    Weilin Qiao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marcado como respuesta Stephanie Lv miércoles, 04 de mayo de 2011 11:12
    viernes, 29 de abril de 2011 7:42