none
I have an issue when starting sql server in multiuser mode

Pregunta

• I have started sql server in single user mode for restoring my master database and I have done the restore and after that when I start my server in multiuser mode I'm not able to start in multi user mode.

I'm getting the below error

Cannot connect to XPWINDOWS7\SQL1.
    ------------------------------
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    Login failed for user 'XPWINDOWS7\kartik'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18461)

When I looked into error log file I'm having something like this

SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'dbo.sp_sqlagent_has_server_access' of component 'Agent XPs' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Agent XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'Agent XPs'.
    2012-02-18 10:32:32.42 spid51      SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'dbo.sp_sqlagent_get_startup_info' of component 'Agent XPs' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Agent XPs' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'Agent XPs', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.
    2012-02-18 10:32:32.64 spid51      Configuration option 'Agent XPs' changed from 0 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

I have done this too from my command prompt

sqlcmd>sp_confiugure 'agent xps',1 reconfigure                                                                              go    

It is giving output like agent xps value has been changed from 1 to 1

My agent service is also not starting how can i overcome this situation.                                                    

sábado, 18 de febrero de 2012 4:05

Todas las respuestas

• Login to the Host with Admin Account which has SA privilege on SQL server

@ Command Prompt

net stop MSSQLSERVER

this will stop the SQL Services

and again Run

net stop MSSQLSERVER /m

Nag Pal MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005/2008) :: Please Mark Answer/vote if it is helpful ::

sábado, 18 de febrero de 2012 16:37