none
Creating a sharepoint list using SSIS

Pregunta

• Hello,

I have a SSIS package that retrieves data from a SharePoint list using the Share Point List Source and Share Point List Destination tasks. I now need to create a Share Point list from data in a SQL view. Does anyone know how this is done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Dave SQL Developer
    jueves, 06 de enero de 2011 16:27

Respuestas

• Are you saying you need to create the actual list on the sharepoint server and not use an existing one?

If so I don't think the Sharepoint List Destination supports that. There is a function on the Lists webservice exposed by Sharepoint called AddList (public XmlNode AddList(string listName, string description, int templateID) that could be used if that helps.

I could look at adding that to our sharepoint product but would need to do a little research first.

Do you have any coding experience?

Program Manager / Developer - PragmaticWorks

SSIS Training | SSAS Training | Reporting Services Training
    jueves, 06 de enero de 2011 20:35
  • Good question. So basically you need to retrieve all of the lists, then get the data for each list and loop through the data from each list correct?

If so, I think you're still limited by the sharepoint list because it needs the name of the list to pull data from.

I just went through the code of the sharepoint utility from the MS Samples and found that their SharePointUtility class does not expose a method to pull the Lists in their ListServiceUtility class which is where it needs to be exposed. So basically you'd have to pull the code down from MS, add the method and then you'd be able to use a script component (source mode) and pull the lists.

If you'd like I could help with that but you'd have to be a little patient as I'm pretty busy today.

viernes, 07 de enero de 2011 15:19

Todas las respuestas

• I am sure I am not the only one who has ever needed something like this. Is anyone available to answer this question????

Dave SQL Developer
    jueves, 06 de enero de 2011 20:13
  • Are you saying you need to create the actual list on the sharepoint server and not use an existing one?

If so I don't think the Sharepoint List Destination supports that. There is a function on the Lists webservice exposed by Sharepoint called AddList (public XmlNode AddList(string listName, string description, int templateID) that could be used if that helps.

I could look at adding that to our sharepoint product but would need to do a little research first.

Do you have any coding experience?

jueves, 06 de enero de 2011 20:35
  • Thanks for your response.

Ok, new question...

I am populating an already existing list, (thank God) but will need to loop through all lists on the share point site. The schema will be the same on all lists. I there a way to do this using the Share Point List Source and Share Point List Destination tasks in SSIS?

Thanks

Dave SQL Developer
    jueves, 06 de enero de 2011 21:53
  • Good question. So basically you need to retrieve all of the lists, then get the data for each list and loop through the data from each list correct?

If so, I think you're still limited by the sharepoint list because it needs the name of the list to pull data from.

I just went through the code of the sharepoint utility from the MS Samples and found that their SharePointUtility class does not expose a method to pull the Lists in their ListServiceUtility class which is where it needs to be exposed. So basically you'd have to pull the code down from MS, add the method and then you'd be able to use a script component (source mode) and pull the lists.

If you'd like I could help with that but you'd have to be a little patient as I'm pretty busy today.

viernes, 07 de enero de 2011 15:19
  • Hey Crock,

It would be great if you could do that.

Thanks

Dave SQL Developer
    jueves, 13 de enero de 2011 15:57