none
Parameter validation failed. It is not possible to provide valid values for all parameters. (rsParameterError)

Question

• Hi,
    I have a report which has 5 internal parameters who default is value is selected from a dataset

But when i try to run the report i get the above error...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Karen
    Friday, February 26, 2010 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you have a parameter with a valid value list that contains no values, you are likely to get this error.  In that case, there would be no value for your parameter and the report cant be run.  Make sure that the query returns some valid value and not NULL

Cheers, Jason P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)
    • Marked as answer by Karenros Monday, March 01, 2010 2:18 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2010 3:04 PM
  • I was getting simillar type error becuase I was using the same Dataset used fro my data for my parameters. I created new datasets just for parameters and everything worked a lot better.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 5:54 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Please try the solutions provided by Jason and Sir Coder firstly, if the isssue still can't be solved, please describe the 5 internal parameters in more details because there are many possibilities to cause this issue. If the issue is clear, i believe you will get the solution from here. Besides this, there are some links within similar issues and its solutions:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/6ca86f05-1c29-4f0a-8d01-8a8cdd972aad

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/a1d7c2bb-0b9b-4132-8230-44492cb10bfb

Hope this helpfully,

thanks,
    Jerry
    Monday, March 01, 2010 1:23 AM
  • Jerry,

This report is generated automatically and manually automatically is done by a subscription and Manually by the user.. the user entered the wrong dates to generate the report so that screwed some thing in the database so for that particular provider we werent get the right results...

It was user Error..

Thanks a lot...

Karen
    Monday, March 01, 2010 2:18 PM
  • Deleting the report in the deployment location and redeploying it solves this problem if it runs 100% fine in Visual Studio for the dataset connection.
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:08 PM
  • This worked perfectly for me.. after troublesooting for couple of hours started googleíng and found this thread..! Thank you.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:24 PM