none
package config

Question

• How can I control the "constraintandexpression" type of precedance contraint in package config?

My entire package (tasks, connections, variables etc.) is controlled by a config table in database. I am going to migrate it to another server. I want to be able to control the precedance constraints as well. I dont see that as a option when I click on

ssis-->package config

one more question...

I have a "ftp task" and the password for connection manager is also controlled thru the config table. However each time I run the ssis package config (by clicking the ssis-->config and then choosing additional "whatever" to record to the table), the password seems to be overwritten in the table. Is there a way I can avoid it?

thanks,

Jen

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:26 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, there is no out of the box way to control the precedence constraint through package configuration.  You could set them all to include a constraint and use boolean variables which can have their expressions set via configurations. 

i.e. myConstraint1 == true

configurations myConstraint.expression = @[User::Variable1] > 0, 1 == 1, etc

Note that this still won't get you the flexibility of control over the logical AND or OR coming from multiple tasks, nor will it get you the ability to change between success, completion or failure.

Hope this helps.

Please mark answered posts. Thanks for your time.
    • Proposed as answer by Sudeep Raj Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob BojanicOwner Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:43 PM
    Monday, June 01, 2009 1:00 PM

All replies

• no answers...so I assume 1) can't be done in ssis and 2) cant be avoided in ssis.

Jen
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:46 PM
  • For security reason, SSIS does not store\show any password in package config, you need to re-enter the password in FTP connection manager when running package.

Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:23 AM
  • As far as I know, there is no out of the box way to control the precedence constraint through package configuration.  You could set them all to include a constraint and use boolean variables which can have their expressions set via configurations. 

i.e. myConstraint1 == true

configurations myConstraint.expression = @[User::Variable1] > 0, 1 == 1, etc

Note that this still won't get you the flexibility of control over the logical AND or OR coming from multiple tasks, nor will it get you the ability to change between success, completion or failure.

Hope this helps.

Please mark answered posts. Thanks for your time.
    • Proposed as answer by Sudeep Raj Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob BojanicOwner Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:43 PM
    Monday, June 01, 2009 1:00 PM