none
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

Question

• Hi,

I'm getting this error when i restore a backup from MSDE to SQL SERVER 2005, any idea how to correct this problem ? 

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE could not start database 'PRI012NA750'.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Converting database 'PRI012NA750' from version 539 to the current version 611.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Database 'PRI012NA750' running the upgrade step from version 539 to version 551.
    Friday, September 04, 2009 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi

to resolve the problem, please try
    1removing the NOLOCK table hint fromt he query that you are running will resolve this issue. 
    2If you can't remove the hint, then look at changing your isolation level to something other than READ UNCOMMITED

Besides, please check the version of the database; according to the current error message, I suspect that the version of the backup database is higher than the sql instance where you try to restore the database into; if it is the situation, the option is not supported; Therefore we need to update the sql instance to the version of the backup database first and then restore the backup database into the sql instance.

Regards
    Monday, September 07, 2009 4:05 AM

All replies

• Friday, September 04, 2009 10:58 PM
  • Hi

to resolve the problem, please try
    1removing the NOLOCK table hint fromt he query that you are running will resolve this issue. 
    2If you can't remove the hint, then look at changing your isolation level to something other than READ UNCOMMITED

Besides, please check the version of the database; according to the current error message, I suspect that the version of the backup database is higher than the sql instance where you try to restore the database into; if it is the situation, the option is not supported; Therefore we need to update the sql instance to the version of the backup database first and then restore the backup database into the sql instance.

Regards
    Monday, September 07, 2009 4:05 AM