none
failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)

Question

• Hi All,

When I try to view stored SSIS packages in SQL Server Management Studio 2005 I get the following error appear:

failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)

could not load type 'dbFilteredReferenceCollection, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0 .....' due to value type mismatch (MsDtsSrvr)

The error has started since a DSN was changed on the server which was used by one of the SSIS packages (The DSN itself was not changed but it's dependancies were and it stopped working). When I open the problematic package in management studio I was getting a bizzare error about the DTS:Password property being corrupt but this seems to have disappeared now. The DSN password has not changed but we have recently changed the password on our main admin account - could this have affected it?

Does anyone have any idea how I can get my server back to life? I have saved copies of all the SSIS packages so I'd be happy to just delete them all off the server and start again but the problem is that at the moment I can't get in to delete them through the UI.

Thanks very much

Olly
    Monday, February 23, 2009 10:56 AM

Answers

•  FYI,

I managed to use the DTUTIL command line app (comes with SQL Server) to delete the SSIS package from the repositry. This cured my problem.

Cheers,
    Olly
    Monday, February 23, 2009 11:57 AM