none
Server roles for the "NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService" account

Question

• hi,

As I wanted to test around with the comming ssas tabular mode, i succesfully installed the evaluation version RC 0 of SQL server 2012 in a virtual environment.  After a deployment failure, I noticed the "NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService" account was missing. So i promptly added it in MSSMS/"SQL server instance"/Security/Logins.

What "server Roles" should i granted to this account in a "best practice scenario" if i want to balance rights and security?

Philip,

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Philip,

It seems that SQL Server 2012 installation configured MSSQLServerOLAPService to start the Anaylisy Services but somehow the user is not created in the Windows. To this issue, please change the Log on as to Local System account.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:36 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:37 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Philip,

It seems that SQL Server 2012 installation configured MSSQLServerOLAPService to start the Anaylisy Services but somehow the user is not created in the Windows. To this issue, please change the Log on as to Local System account.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:36 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by VHteghem_Ph Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:37 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Hi Challen Fu,

thx for your advice.

While waiting for an answer, i'v' created the account in MSSMS and gave it the sa role. and so far everything went well.  So I was wondering if It might be necessary to downgrade its role for security reasons ?

Philip,

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:42 AM