none
How to recover Database in suspect mode without any backup

Question

• Hi all,

Today one of my dev database went on in suspect mode. I am not able to take it offline also as getting error. We do not have any backup of that database. Is there any way to recover this database?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kanaiya Rami

Friday, September 26, 2008 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Kanaiya Rami,

You can try the steps mentioned here to recover from suspect database. Try to detach and reattach the database and see how it goes.

- Deepak
    • Proposed as answer by vr.babu Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:23 PM
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:02 AM
  • set in the database in emergency mode by using

alter database dbname set emergency with no_wait

dbcc checdb

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

• Proposed as answer by vr.babu Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:23 PM
    Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Rami,

Oops it is very old post I just noticed..

What is the error message you got and identify why it moved to suspect mode(check in the errorlogs is there any H/w errors has beem written incase

if it is H/w related first try to check and fix or check is there any other logs has been written about this database).

It is always good practise taking DB backup always(I urge you to schedule an job daily or accordingly you point in time startgey i,e how you want to recover the database -I know it is Dev server but if you need it then how will you make the data live).

note that you can get the data by allowing the repair_allow_data loss option but you cannot say how much data or where the data is going to loss.

so ensure never detach the database incase if you are trying..

Before performing any tricks -keep an Physical file copy in to some other place then do the tricks. 

CHECKDB From Every Angle: EMERGENCY mode repair - the very, very last resort

http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/post/checkdb-from-every-angle-emergency-mode-repair-the-very-very-last-resort.aspx

let me know if you have find difficulties.also keep in mind that Always the emergency mode option will work it will fail incase of file get damaged or other issue.

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Rama Udaya Monday, July 09, 2012 1:11 PM Oops it is very old post I just noticed.
    Monday, July 09, 2012 1:09 PM