none
issue when ssrs report exporting to csv

Answers

• Hi Ann_Chow,

Thanks for your post.

According to the description, I think it’s impossible to resolve the issue using custom code and there is no workaround. In Reporting Services, the custom code can only be used in expressions, hence, it cannot be used to change the report structure in SQL Server Reporting Service.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql. Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Ann_chow,

According to the description, I understand that the two tablix data within a list is displayed side by side when exporting the report in CSV format in SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Service.

I have tested the issue and can reproduce it in my test environment. As a comparison, I export the report in Excel and CSV format, the report in Excel format can be rendered properly, while the report in CSV format can’t be rendered exactly according to the report design.

Currently, this is the by design behavior of CSV rendering extension in SQL Server Reporting Service. We can add a list in the design surface to organize report data in a free-form layout instead of a grid. However, the free-form layout in the report will disable when exporting the report in CSV format. Because the CSV export option saves report data as comma-delimited plain text files, without any formatting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:29 PM
  • Hi Heidi Duan,

Thanks for u r response.

As per your reply,there is no possibility to get correct format like excel in csv. Is this microsoft bug or else If any option available please teach me how to fix this issue.I am working on this issue from last two weeks.But no result.Finally,I would like to know is it possible to fix this issue using any custom coding...

Regards

Ann_Chow

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Hi Ann_Chow,

Thanks for your post.

According to the description, I think it’s impossible to resolve the issue using custom code and there is no workaround. In Reporting Services, the custom code can only be used in expressions, hence, it cannot be used to change the report structure in SQL Server Reporting Service.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql. Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Thanks Heidi Duan
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:09 AM