none
How to set the following report Parameters?

Question

•  

Hi,

I have a report and the parameters Passed to the report are Cusip and PeriodId through a stored Procedure.

i want to populate the cusip Parameters using a dataset thats got by a sproc called usp_getCusips.

and the PerioId using a dataset thats been got by another sproc called usp_Getperiods...

So in my report i have added 3 datasets one for the main report, one to get the values of the PeriodId and other to get the value of the cusip.

So in my Report parameters for the Parameter Cusip and i have checked the Available value option and selected its corresponding Dataset and value .

and i have also done the same thing for the PeriodId.. But when i run my sproc i am getting this Error.

[rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘Cusip’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “Cusip”. Forward dependencies are not valid.

[rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘PeriodId’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “PeriodId”. Forward dependencies are not valid.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Karen

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm not sure how to directly answer your question, but it sounds like you have created a circular reference.

See the following thread.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=184243&SiteID=1

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:17 PM
  •  

Greg,

Thanks for the help, i got it to work.

Regards

Karen

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:12 PM
  • Glad I could help.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:17 PM
  • I have same problem, i have one parameter to pass through the url , after i set the report parameter and the DataSet, i am geting the same type error.Please how to you fix your

Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:39 PM
  •  

Do u have 2 datasets in your reports..if so remove the reference to that parameter in the second dataset and then it should solve the problem..

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

KAren

Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:21 PM
  • In my case, using BI Development Studio 2005, I had this error show up due to report parameter sort order in the "Report Parameters" edit window from the Layout tab (right click on "yellow" area and select "Report Parameters"). Guess it works hierarchically and the order you place the dataset filters matters.

Another 2 cents...
    Dave 
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:14 PM