none
SSRS 2005 - Exporting of report header to Excel not working

Question

• I have a simple report setup in SSRS 2005. It has both a report header and report footer. When I run the report and then export to Excel, the report in Excel does not contain a page header or footer. I have checked this in the Print Preview.

I have been reading about this issue for hours, and it seems that SSRS report footers cannot be exported to Excel to display as page footers, ie on every page. However, I cant seem to find an answer about how to make the report header from SSRS 2005 show up as a page header in Excel, ie show up on every page. Can someone please help with this question?

We are running VS2005, Excel 2007.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hmm, the page header is printing now for some reason in Excel, seems to have resolved itself? Ah well,
    • Marked as answer by Naz at ANSA Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:33 PM
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• To export a report header on each worksheet:

1. You could try to use a list control, add grouping for this list control and add a page break.
    2. Use SSIS and update an Excel worksheet (on a file share) programmatically but it requires a lot of effort.

Sergei
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:38 PM
  • Im sorry I think you misunderstand. I am not trying to print the SSRS report header on multiple Excel worksheets. I just want the report header from SSRS to print on every PAGE, ie act like a page header. When I preview the report in SSRS, the report header appears at the top of EVERY PAGE. I want this to happen in Excel after I have exported the report, ie the report header to print on every page. Is that possible?
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:05 PM
  • Hmm, the page header is printing now for some reason in Excel, seems to have resolved itself? Ah well,
    • Marked as answer by Naz at ANSA Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:33 PM
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:32 PM