none
Column value returned #ERROR in Matrix Report !!!!!

Question

• HI Guys,

I am trying to put this expression in a column of a matrix,but when I preview the report the column value I get is #ERROR .DId anyone get the same error message like this.Here is the expression,

=Format(Fields!Aman.value/100,"P")

Is there any mistake in the expression??

ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,
    The Format(value, “P”) function returns a value multiplied by 100 and display as a percentage. And the precision is two decimal places by default.
    Based on your description, it seems that the value of the field “Aman” percentage value. If you want to format the percentage, you can try to set the formatting options in textbox properties dialog box: right-click the textbox which display the percentage values, and select the “TextBox properties”. Just the following screen shot shows, you can format the decimal places of the percentage value.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know of any "P" format.

What is it supposed to do?

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:19 PM
  • =Format(Fields!Aman.value/100,"P")

The expression looks OK to me. Are you sure that the field Aman has all numeric values? Can you try the below expressions?

=Format(CDec(Fields!Aman.value)/100,"P")
    =Format(CInt(Fields!Aman.value)/100,"P")

Shahfaisal Muhammed http://shahfaisalmuhammed.blogspot.com

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:49 PM
  • Actually it is a percentage value,even I dont kno what the P stands for this is a report which I have to add two additional columns,but when I add th columns I get the error.
    Friday, November 23, 2012 11:40 PM
  • Hello,
    The Format(value, “P”) function returns a value multiplied by 100 and display as a percentage. And the precision is two decimal places by default.
    Based on your description, it seems that the value of the field “Aman” percentage value. If you want to format the percentage, you can try to set the formatting options in textbox properties dialog box: right-click the textbox which display the percentage values, and select the “TextBox properties”. Just the following screen shot shows, you can format the decimal places of the percentage value.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:38 AM
  • Hi,

you can try this expression

=Format(VAL(Fields!Aman.value)/100,"P")

Take a look into this link for some additional info regarding this issue

Aftab Ansari

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:25 AM