none
DAX:Last date current year

Question

• Hi all,

Hope you can help.

I was trying to retrive the last date of current year. I´ve found this function

ENDOFYEAR(<dates> [,<year_end_date>])

but the problem is that it requires a full string, I can´t use a datetime column as parameter.

How I can find the last date of current year in DAX? Example: today is 25/03/13. I´d like to retrive 31/12/13

thanks!

• Edited by the_txeriff Monday, March 25, 2013 12:40 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 12:38 PM

Answers

• See end of every year it 31/12 :) so can you use this DAX in new calulated coulum < ="31/12/"&YEAR(TODAY()) >

you wont belive but for some reason I was on the bed last night and found that solution. Seems like no much sleeping last sunday isn´t good when your boss comes to you to explain strange things he want´s to make.

thanks by the way!

• Marked as answer by the_txeriff Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:09 AM

All replies

• Can you elaborate on what type of data you have to work with to represent the date?  Please post an example and the data type.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP
    // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts //
    http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:01 PM
    Answerer
  • See end of every year it 31/12 :) so can you use this DAX in new calulated coulum < ="31/12/"&YEAR(TODAY()) >
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:56 AM

you wont belive but for some reason I was on the bed last night and found that solution. Seems like no much sleeping last sunday isn´t good when your boss comes to you to explain strange things he want´s to make.

thanks by the way!

• Marked as answer by the_txeriff Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:09 AM