none
how to switch to another server using query analyzer

Question

• I have open query analyzer and if I want to switch to another server using query analyzer then How can I do that?

answer me if someone knows answer for that

thank u

maxs

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:37 PM

Answers

• Under the drop down menu for File simply select "Connect".  Then you can connect to another SQL server.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:52 PM
  • After you have connected to multiple servers (by following what Taztug said) you can switch between the servers by selecting the server from the drop down on the top left of the query analyzer.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:03 PM
  • There is a list of shorcuts (query analyzer) given here.

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1012

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:08 PM
  • The guys are correct. SQL Server Management Studio enables you to right click a query window and change the connection to a different server but Query Analyzer does not have this functionality. So just create a new connection as suggested.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:09 PM

All replies

• Under the drop down menu for File simply select "Connect".  Then you can connect to another SQL server.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:52 PM
  • After you have connected to multiple servers (by following what Taztug said) you can switch between the servers by selecting the server from the drop down on the top left of the query analyzer.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:03 PM
  • There is a list of shorcuts (query analyzer) given here.

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1012

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:08 PM
  • The guys are correct. SQL Server Management Studio enables you to right click a query window and change the connection to a different server but Query Analyzer does not have this functionality. So just create a new connection as suggested.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:09 PM
  • after 3 years of waiting there is a solution:

There is an add-in for SSMS, that allows to "remember" connections in "preferred connections" list and switch between easily using combobox on toolbar. Have a look:Name of the tool is SSMSBoost (www.ssmsboost.com)

Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:31 PM