none
SSRS - Export / Print Report in Custom Font Style Issue

Question

• We are using custom font style in our SSRS 2008 SP3 reports. The custom font is showing correctly on the Development machine, ReportServer, and also on the Company Portal. When I export the report to PDF, again the custom font is showing correctly.

However, when I export the report to MS Word document, the font goes back to default (Arial or TimesNewRoman, etc). Surprisingly, even in the MS Word document, the custom font is showing properly in the Chart but not anywhere else in the report. The Tablix data, headers, etc. shows default font.

Can someone please share if you had similar experience? Any thoughts, inputs, suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! RK

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi RK,

When exporting report to Microsoft Word, Images, charts, data bars, sparklines, maps, indicators, and gauges are each rendered as a static image within a table cell. As per my understanding, this image is a snapshot of the report items in the report. So in your Microsoft Word document, the custom font is showing properly in the Chart. And the Tablix data, headers, etc. shows default font because of that this custom font hasn’t been installed in Office. So you should add the custom fonts to Office.

Reference: Add new fonts to use with Office

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Hello Charlie,

Thanks a lot for the reply !

Yes, I agree that the static image file will show the expected font style. However, the testing team's observation is that it was working properly earlier and now it is not working as expected. I am not quite sure if it is a product limitation or if there is any workaround to fix this issue.

We have also tested by installing the font on the user pc, and we are aware that it works fine.

We are currently not planning to ask each and every end user to install the custom font to make this wrok.

I am still open for any tips, tricks, suggestions.. if any... :)

Regards,

RK

Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:53 AM