none
Move & Copy option not present for Power View sheets in Excel 2013

General discussion

• Hello,

I had a need to re-arrange Excel sheets within the same Excel 2013 file. I am not finding the option to do that for Power Pivot excel sheets. Is there a way to do it.

Thanks,
    Nasir

Nasir

Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:58 AM

All replies

• Nasir, is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:21 PM
    Owner
  • Same problem here. 12/15/2013
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 3:36 PM
  • Well I dont know if you figured out how to do this or not but I found a workaround.

-Launch Excel without opening your workbook.(Start-Office-Excel)

-Disable PowerView and PowerPivot Addin from Options-->Add-Ins-->COM-AddIns-->Go

-Uncheck PowerPivot and PowerView .

-Open your Workbook containing PowerView Reports.

-The reports wont display as PowerView Addin is disabled however f you right click on a sheet the Move or Copy option is available.

-After Sorting, enable PowerView and PowerPivot Add ins Again.

Hope That this will help you :)

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:05 AM
  • Yes It is still an issue.

You have to do a dumb workaround to be able to use Move or Copy :

-Launch Excel without opening your workbook.(Start-Office-Excel)

-Disable PowerView and PowerPivot Addin from Options-->Add-Ins-->COM-AddIns-->Go

-Uncheck PowerPivot and PowerView .

-Open your Workbook containing PowerView Reports.

-The reports wont display as PowerView Addin is disabled however f you right click on a sheet the Move or Copy option is available.

-After Sorting, enable PowerView and PowerPivot Add ins again to visualize your reports.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:21 AM
  • Hello Albert,

Thanks for sharing the workaround.

Moving Power View sheet after disabling Power View Add-in worked fine, even without disabling PowerPivot. However copied Power View sheet (even after disabling both Power View and PowerPivot) is not rendered after enabling back PowerView and PowerPivot.

I also noticed that Moving Power View sheet even to a different workbook with this workaround is able to render Power View (e.g. any text labels) but as new workbook find PowerPivot model missing, it is not able to render data.

Nasir

Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:30 AM