none
Graphing Question

Question

• I have a dataset in Sql Server  Reporting Services that has 1440 lines of Data. Each line is the Membership by PCP By Month by Line of Business.  What we want is a graph for each PCP that shows their membership by month by LOB.  So The report would have 40 graphs 1 per PCP Each Graph would have 12 points on the X axis for each month of the last year and 3 lines for each LOB.  Do I have to create 40 graphs or is there a way to do this once and have the graph run for each of the 40 PCP's?  I'm very new to SSRS.  I know I can do this in Access however we are migrating to SSRS.  Any help is appreciated.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:24 PM

Answers

• Hi You need not create 40 graphs. You can do one report as long as your data is in one dataset (which you have).

Here are the steps :

1. Drag a Table control. Delete two columns and just keep one column. Delete the header row if you want. The table dataset should be the dataset you have

2. On details --> Add a row group --> Parent group --> In group dialog select  the PCP field (=Fields!PCP.value). Check the "Add group header" check box.. Click Ok. If another column is added delete that.

3. Now delete the details row. You just now have one column with the group header row (just a single cell). Increase the row so that a chart can fit in.

4. Drag a chart into the cell.

5. In chart values add the field for membership (=Sum(Fields!Membership.value)

6. In Category groups add the Months field (=Fields!Months.value)

7. In the Series groups add the LOB field (=Fields!LOB.value)

That is it.. you are done. Now it is up to you for the designing.

If you want to show each chart on separate page, go to group properties in "Row Groups" and set the page break to occur between two subsequent groups.

Let me know if you need further help...

- Girija

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi You need not create 40 graphs. You can do one report as long as your data is in one dataset (which you have).

Here are the steps :

1. Drag a Table control. Delete two columns and just keep one column. Delete the header row if you want. The table dataset should be the dataset you have

2. On details --> Add a row group --> Parent group --> In group dialog select  the PCP field (=Fields!PCP.value). Check the "Add group header" check box.. Click Ok. If another column is added delete that.

3. Now delete the details row. You just now have one column with the group header row (just a single cell). Increase the row so that a chart can fit in.

4. Drag a chart into the cell.

5. In chart values add the field for membership (=Sum(Fields!Membership.value)

6. In Category groups add the Months field (=Fields!Months.value)

7. In the Series groups add the LOB field (=Fields!LOB.value)

That is it.. you are done. Now it is up to you for the designing.

If you want to show each chart on separate page, go to group properties in "Row Groups" and set the page break to occur between two subsequent groups.

Let me know if you need further help...

- Girija

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:41 PM
  • Thanks worked perfectly

Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:47 PM