none
Job error: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in filegroup PRIMARY.

Question

• My job is getting failed due to insufficient disk space for a particular DB. The error is 'Could not allocate a new page for database  because of insufficient disk space in filegroup PRIMARY'. How can I rectify this?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Check the following:

1. Total and Available disk space where your MDF and LDF reside.  Also check file system type.
    2. Autogrow file property on both the data and log file for the database.

Thanks,
    Shanthi

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the available disk space where your database files are located. If the disk space is insufficient, you could add addition files to the filegroup and specify the paths pointing to a free disk. If the free disk space is sufficient, please check the Autogrowth option and maximum file size.

If there are any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks. 

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Monday, May 04, 2009 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check the following:

1. Total and Available disk space where your MDF and LDF reside.  Also check file system type.
    2. Autogrow file property on both the data and log file for the database.

Thanks,
    Shanthi

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:22 AM
  • If you are using SQL Express your DB can grow at the maximum 4GB and once reached it will give error.

Regards,
    Pinal
    Pinal Dave
    Founder - http://blog.sqlauthority.com
    Search SQL Solutions
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the available disk space where your database files are located. If the disk space is insufficient, you could add addition files to the filegroup and specify the paths pointing to a free disk. If the free disk space is sufficient, please check the Autogrowth option and maximum file size.

If there are any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks. 

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Monday, May 04, 2009 6:52 AM
  • Thanks Pinal Dave,

This piece of info was very helpful since I hit this using SQL Express. I really appreciate you stating this. Love your website.

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:42 PM