none
Report Viewer 2012 Beta - Installation Fails Missing System CLR Types RC0?

Question

• I am trying to install the Report Viewer 2012 Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29024) and it right away fails saying that I am missing the installation prerequisite of Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012 RC0.  I have looked everywhere for this file and tried installing a number of the SQL Server Feature packs I could find but I still get this error.  I did not have this issue with the Report Viewer 2012 CTP released in September of 2011, just this beta one released in February 2012.  Please advise.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:07 AM

Answers

• Try checking the download page again there is a Related Resources section that should have forward links to the SQL CLR Types RC0 setup.

Matt M.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi BeckerBen2,

Thanks for your post.

Have you installed the Microsoft® System CLR Types for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 feature pack on your computer?

The SQL Server System CLR Types package contains the components implementing the geometry, geography, and hierarchy id types in SQL Server 2012. This component can be installed separately from the server to allow client applications to use these types outside of the server.
    Note: This component also requires Windows Installer 4.5

X86 Package(SQLSysClrTypes.msi)
    X64 Package (SQLSysClrTypes.msi)

SQL Server System CLR Types Books on-line page

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Bill Lu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by AnaSantos Friday, February 15, 2013 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Bill, please see this post, I did do that install.  I can't seem to find RC0 version of the CLR types that this beta build of the reportviewer is looking for.  You try installing it and I'm sure you will find the same.  I have tried different machines with 32bit and 64bit so it is not isolated to just my machine.

Thanks,

Ben

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Try checking the download page again there is a Related Resources section that should have forward links to the SQL CLR Types RC0 setup.

Matt M.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Good grief, I hate when the answer is staring me right in the face.  Thank you for pointing this out!
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:48 PM
  • Hi,

I am still not able to find the SQL Server CLR Types Installer. Can anybody help me with direct link to installer.

The links to above replies redirects to error page :(

Thanks

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Yeah, this is kind of obscure:

Report Viewer 2012 Beta Download: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29024

Required SQL CLR Types RC0 64Bit Download: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=246493

Required SQL CLR Types RC0 64Bit Download: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=246494

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Is there a report viewer FINAL for 2012 somewhere that I can't find?

The beta Report Viewer 2012 won't install with the FINAL SQL CLR Types installed on my system (fails the prereq check) and I don't really want to install the RC0 CLR Types over top of the final.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:16 PM
  • As of April 26, 2012, I don't think it is out yet.
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:22 PM
  • BeckerBen which one is 64bit and which one is 32bit?  Thanks.

A is A

Monday, November 05, 2012 4:40 PM
  • OK I figured it out.  The links are on the ReportViewer 2012 Beta download page under Related Resources.

A is A

• Proposed as answer by Pavang6 Monday, December 10, 2012 8:27 AM
    Monday, November 05, 2012 4:45 PM