none
Fit to 1 page / Page width

Question

• Hello Microsoft.

I have a report in SSRS 2005.  This report is intended to be legal/landscape.  The business user exports to excel and requires that the output when they print is automatically set to "Fit To Page Width" [without setting their printer's global properties in control panel].  How can I set the properties in the report such that it always fits [width-ways] to one page, no wonder how wide the report is? I dont care if the report spans vertically over 1 page.  The question here concerns width re-sizing, following having exported to Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, March 19, 2010 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Nicholas,

This is something that is currently not supported by SSRS 2005 (or SSRS 2008). We are however considering this functionality for the next release after SSRS 2008 R2. What we are thinking about are 2 modes: FitToPage (your scenario) and FitToWidth.

Best regards, Andre

• Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:39 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:37 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Try this

Open Report in Design Mode

Goto Report Properties  and Set your Report Page Size to 14in,8.5in and Interactives Size to 14in,8.5in Report Body size should be less than the Report Page Size
    Set page Margins to .25in

Your Page Marigins + Report Body Size should be less than Page Size

For standard page sizes check this link http://www.dpandi.com/paper/index.html

Rajesh Jonnalagadda http://www.ggktech.com
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:37 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Rajesh, but this does not resolve my issue, because:

* The report still will run over to the next page if I extend a field a longer amount.  The report should resize the output in print preview such that the page always fits, no matter how big any [* and all *] columns are.  Essentially it would be like automatic post-rendering/resizing, such that a table of any size fits widthways on any sheet of paper, whether it is legible or not.

* The issue that I am talking about is such that when the user exports to Excel and then [in excel] goes to print preview, the scaling automatically sets itself to "Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (1) tall". 

I hope I have clarified any ambiguity in my explanation of the issue.

This is still an issue that requires resolution and I would appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks in advance

Monday, March 22, 2010 1:29 PM
  • Hi Nicholas,

This is something that is currently not supported by SSRS 2005 (or SSRS 2008). We are however considering this functionality for the next release after SSRS 2008 R2. What we are thinking about are 2 modes: FitToPage (your scenario) and FitToWidth.

Best regards, Andre

• Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:39 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Andre,

Your response above was in March 2011 ... Currently I am working on a new project Sept 2011  using "SSRS 2008 R2" and have the same problem  is SSRS EXECL "FITTOPAGE" or "FITTOWIDTH" fixed yet ???? any ETA.

Regards

Fred

Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:37 PM