none
StreamInsight query based on holding period

Question

• I have an event stream which contains the values for some variables. The values change every second. Each variable has high limit, low limit and a threshold period defined.

For example, say Variable1 has high limit = 95, low limit = 5 and threshold = 5 seconds.

So if the values for Variable1 stay above 95 (high limit) for the threshold period (5 seconds), then we should create an output event.

I am able to create query for checking the individual events (if they have crossed the limits), but I am not sure how to create a windowed query to check if the limits were violated for the threshold period.

Thanks,

Monday, December 12, 2011 5:55 AM

Answers

• First, download LinqPad. Next, download the StreamInsight samples and enable the StreamInsight driver for LinqPad.

In the StreamInsight samples, you'll find "Alarm Floods and Transients" under "Query Patterns". This set of queries will do exactly what you are trying to do. And ... once you get LinqPad and the samples installed, you'll have a TON of other queries and query pattern examples.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    My Blog
    My Bike - Concours 14

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

• Edited by DevBikerMVP Monday, December 12, 2011 5:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jayanta Dey Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:48 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 5:01 PM