none
SQL Server Data Tools 11.1.40318.0 SSAS error after update 'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Graphing...'

Question

• Hi

after installing SSDT Update 11.1.40318.0 I receive the following error when trying to edit attribute relations.

Any help is appreciated.

Further more it would be nice to release a change log of SSDT 11.1.40318.0 update.

Best regards

Simon

Monday, March 31, 2014 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Simon, thanks for raising this. I'll log a bug internally to investigate. Can you please do 2 things to help this investigation:

- Please try to capture the log information, such as the stacktrace, from that error window. It would be great if we could track down the exact assembly that failed to load.

- Please check to see if re-installing SSDT-BI fixes the issue. SSDT and SSDT-BI are separate installations, it's possible that our installation messed up some of their dependencies. It would be great to know if this unblocks you and lets you get back to using both products.

Kevin

Monday, March 31, 2014 5:09 PM
    Owner
  • I just had the same error.  Everything was working fine on Friday, but I updated this morning and cannot edit attributes.  I will try what you suggested and let you know.  Here is my error info --

===================================

An error prevented the view from loading. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Graphing, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.AR.AREditor..ctor()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DimensionDesigner.CreateAREditor(VsStyleToolBar pageViewToolBar)
       at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Design.EditorWindow.EnsureViewIsLoaded(EditorView view)

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:10 PM
  • Didn't work - I still get the error.

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:50 PM
  • I have the exact same problem after installing the update.

I tried reinstalling the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Analysis Management Objects from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29065 but it still doesn't work

Monday, March 31, 2014 10:47 PM
  • Thanks all. We have reproduced the issue internally and are investigating now. 
    Tuesday, April 01, 2014 12:48 AM
    Owner
  • Witnessing the same error, along with that is an error when trying to process a cube. It is missing the assembly "SqlMgmt version 11.0.0.0" 
    Tuesday, April 01, 2014 6:45 PM
  • We plan to release an updated version of SSDT for VS2012 with a fix for this and other recently raised issues later this week / early next week. We will also be releasing our SSDT for VS2013 update at the same time, with these fixes included there too. Thanks all for raising these issues on the forum and helping us track down the root cause.

Kevin

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:53 PM
    Owner
  • "Further more it would be nice to release a change log of SSDT 11.1.40318.0 update."

Seconded. I found this thread while looking for a change log. I need to know what new features or bug fixes I may be signing on for before I blindly upgrade.

• Edited by JohnMo Thursday, April 03, 2014 2:52 PM
    Thursday, April 03, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Witnessing the same error, along with that is an error when trying to process a cube. It is missing the assembly "SqlMgmt version 11.0.0.0" 

I'm having exactly the same error whilst processing a cube.

Is there anyway to roll back the version of SSDT?

Friday, April 04, 2014 8:19 AM
  • I installed VS 2013 and this works again
    Friday, April 04, 2014 8:40 AM
  • The previous release of SSDT is available from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=386302 After completely uninstalling and reinstalling both SSDT and SSDT BI I was able to use the SSAS features without issue.  I wish that it didn't take hours of searching to be able to find the link to the previous version in some nuget file.

Martin Cairns Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008

Friday, April 04, 2014 8:41 PM
  • Hi All, thanks for the patience.  We have updated the build to fix the side by side issue with SSDT-BI. If you download the latest version, it will generate the graphs correctly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/hh297027

Thanks,

Jill

Saturday, April 05, 2014 4:13 AM
    Owner
  • Jill, I have that version already and still getting the issue.

I went to the link and clicked the link Download SSDT-BI for Visual Studio 2012 which the installer would not continue because the version was already on. - Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Dan

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:24 PM
  • The previous release of SSDT is available from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=386302 After completely uninstalling and reinstalling both SSDT and SSDT BI I was able to use the SSAS features without issue.  I wish that it didn't take hours of searching to be able to find the link to the previous version in some nuget file.

Martin Cairns Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=386302

^^ Just to fix up the link Martin kindly provided.

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:28 PM
  • Hi Dan, you need to install SSDT from that link, not SSDT-BI. That'll fix your issue - the bug was in SSDT code so updating that will fix the SSDT-BI bug. With the fixed update you can use both side by side again.
    Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:30 AM
    Owner