none
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation -

Question

• Hi,

Is Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation has all features as enterprise edition(SQL Server 2008 R2)? I mean all features which includes(Analysis, Integration and Reporting Services).  Does SQL Server 2012 Evaluation Enterprise Edition has same features?

I google to get the link to download :
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1279

I would like to install on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

Best Regards
    Kashif Chotu

Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Kashif,

SQL Server 2008 R2 edition includes the key features like: 
    • A new Control Point Explorer for central multi-instance and application utilization management.
    • Built-in wizards to help you quickly set up and enroll instances and Data-Tier Application components into central management.
    • Dashboard viewpoints for quick insight into application and instance utilization.
    • Report Builder 3.0
    • PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel
    • Master Data Services
    • StreamInsight core technology engine.

SQL Server 2012 Enterprise evaluation edition has the following key features:

• Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
    • Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with xVelocity
    • Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
    • Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with xVelocity
    • Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
    • Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions

Enterprise evaluation edition and enterprise edition have the same features. Only difference is that evaluation edition is a trial edition for 180 days after which it expires and has to be upgraded to a full licensed SQL.

• Marked as answer by Kashif Chotu Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:47 PM
    Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Kashif,

SQL Server 2008 R2 edition includes the key features like: 
    • A new Control Point Explorer for central multi-instance and application utilization management.
    • Built-in wizards to help you quickly set up and enroll instances and Data-Tier Application components into central management.
    • Dashboard viewpoints for quick insight into application and instance utilization.
    • Report Builder 3.0
    • PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel
    • Master Data Services
    • StreamInsight core technology engine.

SQL Server 2012 Enterprise evaluation edition has the following key features:

• Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
    • Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with xVelocity
    • Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
    • Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with xVelocity
    • Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
    • Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions

Enterprise evaluation edition and enterprise edition have the same features. Only difference is that evaluation edition is a trial edition for 180 days after which it expires and has to be upgraded to a full licensed SQL.

• Marked as answer by Kashif Chotu Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:47 PM
    Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Thank you so much.

Will you please help me one more time one as confused as i google related to SQL Server Developer Edition 2012, it mentions :

Developer Edition

Has all the capabilities and features of the Enterprise edition but can be used for development, test or demonstration purposes only (licenced per user). It cannot be used in a production environment.

For example : If i develop on my machine such Reports(Reporting Services), SSIS packages and so on on Developer Edition.   Can i deploy these developed reports and SSIS packages in the production system where SQL Server 2012 has license version(Enterprise Edition).

Hoping for your answer.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Kashif Chotu

Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:02 PM