none
How to run Package via c# using Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices.dll class from the SSIS Catalog SQL 2012

Question

• Hi <o:p></o:p>

I would
    like to execute SSIS package that stored on new SSIS Catalog DB (SQL 2012)
    using the c#.<o:p></o:p>

Requirements:<o:p></o:p>

Pass
    Project parameters /Package Parameters/Variables.<o:p></o:p>

I found a “Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices.dll”,but
    no examples.<o:p></o:p>

Somebody
    has any good example how to use this class?<o:p></o:p>

Please advise.<o:p></o:p>

sqlgury<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi sqlgury,

The Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices namespace contains the classes and interfaces to manage the Integration Services catalog on an instance of SQL Server. Please refer to the example in following link about it:
    http://muxtonmumbles.blogspot.com/2012/08/programmatically-executing-packages-in.html

Thanks,
    Eileen

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Eileen Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the quick reply , the link that you have send me good for any other approach such as if the packages stored on the file system, or on MSDB on the server but not if you are using a new deployment  future and store the package on SSIS catalog.

I know I can run the package using DTEXEC util or build- in stored producers , but I  would like to interact with a new catalog using SQL SMO.

Before posting a question on MSDN believe me a did a good Google/Bing  search.

I need to execute a package that stored under the project in the  SSIS catalog (SQL 2012) .

• Marked as answer by sqlgury Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:44 PM

All replies

• Do a quick Bing/Google search.

For example it yielded to me this excellent MSDN post:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms403355.aspx

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the quick reply , the link that you have send me good for any other approach such as if the packages stored on the file system, or on MSDB on the server but not if you are using a new deployment  future and store the package on SSIS catalog.

I know I can run the package using DTEXEC util or build- in stored producers , but I  would like to interact with a new catalog using SQL SMO.

Before posting a question on MSDN believe me a did a good Google/Bing  search.

I need to execute a package that stored under the project in the  SSIS catalog (SQL 2012) .

• Marked as answer by sqlgury Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Hi sqlgury,

The Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices namespace contains the classes and interfaces to manage the Integration Services catalog on an instance of SQL Server. Please refer to the example in following link about it:
    http://muxtonmumbles.blogspot.com/2012/08/programmatically-executing-packages-in.html

Thanks,
    Eileen

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Eileen Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Hi Eileen, 

Thank  you fro the  quick and useful response.

sqladmin

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Why don't you mark Eileen's reply as the answer?

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:01 PM
  • Hi Eileen,

That is a very useful post - but does not explain how to set parameters before executing the package - please see this blog post that also contains instructions on setting parameters: Remotely running a project deployed SQL 2012 SSIS package

• Proposed as answer by Jimbo_1983 Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:17 AM
    • Edited by Jimbo_1983 Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:16 AM