none
3709-The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context

Question

•  

We have a nagging issue here in our application side, which I was trying to troubleshoot and reach no where. Can I have your valuable inputs for resolving/understanding the root cause of the issue?

3709-The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context

This error is not coming regularly (twice it happened and after the program is running successfully with out any problem). Problem having exe is running every 2 minutes interval.  

Most of the sites saying this is something related to code written in the application but if that is the case why this error is not happening continuously?  The problem having exe is running past 4 months with 2 minutes interval and suddenly thrown this error.

I found one MS site describing about this error but not able to find any fixes for this issue (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839428). We are on the process of upgrading the operating system with SP2; will this help us to resolve this issue? Please advice.

Details

1.        Windows 2003 with SP1

2.        MDAC 2.8

3.        SQL 2005 with SP1

4.        VB Application.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 1:04 AM

All replies

• This kb seems to be suggesting that there is a hotfix available for this specific issue.  Have you installed the hotfix yet?

Thanks,

John

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:45 PM