none
username/password in DMZ

Question

• Hello,

My ASP.Net 1.1 Web application should run in a DMZ machine and it needs to accesses http://MyReportServer/reportserver through ReportViewer component (RS2000). It runs if I put application on a machine in the domain but in DMZ I get username/password dialog box. What should I do?

Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:08 PM

All replies

• I guess that you probably let the Web Server run in anonymous mode which is setup in the report server. YOu have some options here:

-Activate anonymous auth. on the Report Server as well.
    -Use a user account for the anonymous user which has rights to access the report server.
    .Grab the credentials from the user / client and put it in the credential cache before authenticate at the report server.
    -use a fixed user name to access the report server. This can be either done using a static name (like in the second option, or by coding this into your code before grabbing the rendered report on the licnet).

YOu did not explain how you are accesing the RS, so it is hard for us to image where the actual problem is.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

---
    http://www.sqlserver2005.de
    ---

Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:43 AM
  • Thank you very much for your response. I have not done this before so I still need help on any of the options you listed. Here is how I am passing a parameter and calling report viewer. It is APS.Net 1.1 and RS2000. How should I pass credentialing, can you help me in this code?

private void dReport(string sURL, string rName, string cName)

{

this.ReportViewer1.ServerUrl=sURL;

this.ReportViewer1.ReportPath=rName;

this.ReportViewer1.Parameters=Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.ReportViewer.multiState.False;

this.ReportViewer1.SetQueryParameter("CName",cName);

}         

Monday, October 02, 2006 12:45 PM
  • Any help on this?
    Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:59 PM