none
changing "header rows to skip" property in flat file connection during runtime

Question

• Hi all

I have a flat file.I am trying to set the value for the property "HeaderRowsToSkip" during runtime.I have set an expression for this in my "flat file connection manager". But this is not working.The connection manager is not able to take the value during runtime.

My expression is as follows:

DataRowsToSkip : @[user:: Var]

where "Var" is my variable which gets the value from the rowcount component and trying to set it back to the "HeaderRowsToskip" property.

I ve even tried setting the value to the "HeaderRowsToSkip" property in the expression builder.

Its not working....

Can anyone help me out in solving this????

Thanks in advance

Regards

Suganya

Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:24 AM

Answers

•  Suganya Mahadevan wrote:

Hi,

Y am i not able to skip the number of rows if i set the value to the variable during runtime.But the same works if i set the value during design time.???

Am just trying to do something or the other to find out the reason.But nothing is working..

Wats happening in the package.??

Is it not possibel to set the values to expressions during runtime..???

Can anyone help me out in resolving this..???

Did you finally solve this problem?

I could do it by :

1. one data flow with a source file component and a rowcount to get the number of row to be skipped; the number is stoed in a SSIS variable(e.g. RowsSkip)
    2. a second data flow with a source file with the data to be imported; a script component to add the rownumber to every row in the pipeline (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908460) and a conditional split with a condition like RowNumber > @[User::RowsToSkip]

Thanks

let me know if you need the details...

Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:21 PM

All replies

• Is the rowCont component part of the same data flow where your trying to write into the flat file? If so; there might be the problem (no 100% sure); but I am guessing that by the time the flat file connection manager gets 'configured' the rowcount variable has not been populated.

Try moving the logic of the row count to a different dataflow at the beginning of the control flow and see if that helps...

Thursday, December 21, 2006 1:31 PM
  • I tried the option which you have mentioned.Its not working...Is there any other way to achieve this????

And what is meant by "flat file connection manager getting configured?".Does it mean that when i start running my package,It sets all the values and during runtime i cant change my connection manager details????.I get this doubt because the connection manager is able to skip the number of rows with the same expression being used and setting the value for the variable which am using in the expression during design time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suganya

Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:50 PM
  • I've just had a go at this and it works fine.

Where is the rowcount component? Is it in the same data-flow?

-Jamie

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:07 PM
  • No...its not in the same dataflow task.As you said in the previous post i have changed it another data flow task.

My package has the following tasks and components

1.Dataflow task(1) containing a flatfile ,a rowcount and an OLE DB destination

2.Dataflow task(2) containing a flat file and an OLE DB destination

Only for the flat file available in the data flow task(2),I have set the expression and am not using the same connection manager which i ve used in the dataflow task(1).

am i doing anything wrong???

Regards,

Suganya

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:28 PM
  • All except one thing. Why have you got a an OLE DB Destination in the first data-flow? Where are you inserting the data to? You can terminate the data-flow with the rowcount compoennt - that seems to be all you need.

-Jamie

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:36 PM

I tried the option which you have mentioned.Its not working...Is there any other way to achieve this????

And what is meant by "flat file connection manager getting configured?".Does it mean that when i start running my package,It sets all the values and during runtime i cant change my connection manager details????.

Yes; and the behavior you described proof that. The connection manager gets set up using the available values when the execution starts; at that point he only value available for the rowcount variable is the one given at design time; as no rows have started to flow. That is why I was suggesting moving the rowcount logic to a previous stage.

But I got a question for you; is the row count variable being populated based on the same file you are trying to skip the rows from? That would not cause to skip all the rows every time? (Unless you are using different files)

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:54 PM
  • Its not working.I have removed the OLE DB destination from my dataflow task(1) and now trying to get the rowcount value from dataflow task(1) and set the value to the flat file connection manager's "HeaderRowsToSkip" in dataflow task(2).

My flatfile in dataflow task(1) has 100 records and my flatfile in dataflow task has 5000 records.My rowcount variable in dataflow task(1) has 100 as its value now(as i have 100 records in flatfile).So  my flatfile in dataflow task(2) should skip first 100 rows and insert 4900 rows into the destination.But its not working that way.Its inserting all the 5000 records into the destination.

But the same scenario is working when i set the value during design time and i have specified this in my previous post.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:57 PM
  • No its 2 different files.

My package has the following tasks and components

1.Dataflow task(1) containing a flatfile ,a rowcount and an OLE DB destination

2.Dataflow task(2) containing a flat file and an OLE DB destination

Only for the flat file available in the data flow task(2),I have set the expression and am not using the same connection manager which i ve used in the dataflow task(1).

My flatfile in dataflow task(1) has 100 records and my flatfile in dataflow task has 5000 records.My rowcount variable in dataflow task(1) has 100 as its value now(as i have 100 records in flatfile).So  my flatfile in dataflow task(2) should skip first 100 rows and insert 4900 rows into the destination.But its not working that way.Its inserting all the 5000 records into the destination.

What is the problem with my package????

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:02 PM

Its not working.I have removed the OLE DB destination from my dataflow task(1) and now trying to get the rowcount value from dataflow task(1) and set the value to the flat file connection manager's "HeaderRowsToSkip" in dataflow task(2).

But the same scenario is working when i set the value during design time and i have specified this in my previous post.

Could you set a break point in the second dataflow and then execute the package; when it breaks; could you check the value of the rowcount variable to see if it's properly populated?

Let's make sure first the variable is correctly populated...

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:10 PM
  • Yes.Am able to see the value of the variable getting changed.I used script task to populate the value of the variable.Its getting set properly.(I am not doing any manipulation inside the script task except trying to populate the value in msg box.)

By the way,I tried enabling the breakpoint on "Variable Value Changed Event". It was not hit actually.So i tried using the script task for seeing my variable value.

Did i set the breakpoint correctly...or should i enable the breakpoint for some other event to see the value????

Friday, December 22, 2006 6:12 AM

Yes.Am able to see the value of the variable getting changed.I used script task to populate the value of the variable.Its getting set properly.(I am not doing any manipulation inside the script task except trying to populate the value in msg box.)

By the way,I tried enabling the breakpoint on "Variable Value Changed Event". It was not hit actually.So i tried using the script task for seeing my variable value.

Did i set the breakpoint correctly...or should i enable the breakpoint for some other event to see the value????

Put the breakpoint on the OnPreExecute event of the second data-flow.

When it breaks, drag the variable into a Watch window and you will be able to see the value.

-Jamie

Friday, December 22, 2006 10:48 AM
  • Thanks Jamie.The value is getting set.

But flat file is not skipping the number of rows.

Any solution for this????

Regards

Suganya

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:30 AM
  • Can you share the package and the source files? Paste them up here if so.

-Jamie

Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:11 AM
  • It is not possible for me to share the package here.Can u give ur mail id so that i could send my package and source code????

-Suganya

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:46 AM

It is not possible for me to share the package here.Can u give ur mail id so that i could send my package and source code????

-Suganya

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=9352&SiteID=1

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:50 PM
  • Still i am trying to get a solution  .

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance

-Suganya

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:13 PM

It is not possible for me to share the package here.Can u give ur mail id so that i could send my package and source code????

-Suganya

Yeah sure.

You can email me via my blog. URL is below.

-Jamie

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:59 PM
  • I know that I was the one that make he original suggestion; but I just tried it and did not work for me. Funny he !

Here is what i have:

1. Dataflow 'Get RowsToSkip'
      • A flat file source(RowsToSkip.txt going to a rowcount
      • rowcount trasnform using a variable 'RowsToSkip'
    2. Data Flow 'ProcessInputFile'
      • A flat file source going to a rowcount
      • The connection manager for this flat file has an expression on DataRowsToSkip property as : @[User::RowsToSkip]

And yes, the breakpoint is showing the variable correctly populated but the expression seems to be ignored.

<?xml version="1.0"?><DTS:Executable xmlns:DTS="www.microsoft.com/SqlServer/Dts" DTS:ExecutableType="MSDTS.Package.1"><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageFormatVersion">2</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="VersionComments"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreatorName">NAM\rsalas</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreatorComputerName">KLPKA91</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationDate" DTS:DataType="7">1/10/2007 9:33:29 AM</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageType">5</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ProtectionLevel">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaxConcurrentExecutables">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackagePriorityClass">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="VersionMajor">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="VersionMinor">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="VersionBuild">21</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="VersionGUID">{59CDE8C6-98CE-43C3-AB21-A6C311041B8D}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EnableConfig">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CheckpointFileName"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="SaveCheckpoints">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CheckpointUsage">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="SuppressConfigurationWarnings">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:ConnectionManager><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">InputFile</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{A081F4A2-505B-4C7B-9C04-3220393EF2AD}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">FLATFILE</DTS:Property><DTS:PropertyExpression DTS:Name="DataRowsToSkip">@[User::RowsToSkip]</DTS:PropertyExpression><DTS:ObjectData><DTS:ConnectionManager><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FileUsageType">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Format">Delimited</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">1033</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Unicode">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve">_x000D__x000A_</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnNamesInFirstDataRow">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="RowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TextQualifier">&lt;none&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CodePage">1252</DTS:Property>

<DTS:FlatFileColumn><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnType">Delimited</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnDelimiter" xml:space="preserve">_x000D__x000A_</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnWidth">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaximumWidth">50</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataType">129</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataPrecision">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataScale">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TextQualified">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Column 0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{A6051837-1273-44B0-9FEB-F1050D48366D}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:FlatFileColumn><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ConnectionString">C:\RafLab\InputFile.txt</DTS:Property></DTS:ConnectionManager></DTS:ObjectData></DTS:ConnectionManager>

<DTS:ConnectionManager><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">RowsToSkipFile</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{B4E76134-2240-413F-8640-BB2CA25108A2}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">FLATFILE</DTS:Property><DTS:ObjectData><DTS:ConnectionManager><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FileUsageType">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Format">Delimited</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">1033</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Unicode">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="HeaderRowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve">_x000D__x000A_</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnNamesInFirstDataRow">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="RowDelimiter" xml:space="preserve"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataRowsToSkip">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TextQualifier">&lt;none&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CodePage">1252</DTS:Property>

<DTS:FlatFileColumn><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnType">Delimited</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnDelimiter" xml:space="preserve">_x000D__x000A_</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ColumnWidth">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaximumWidth">50</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataType">129</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataPrecision">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DataScale">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TextQualified">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Column 0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{19DD58A9-7B5B-4C2D-AB94-BBC078C1BD83}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:FlatFileColumn><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ConnectionString">C:\RafLab\RowsToSkip.txt</DTS:Property></DTS:ConnectionManager></DTS:ObjectData></DTS:ConnectionManager>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;TaskHost xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:DtsDataFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;dds&gt;

&lt;diagram fontclsid="{0BE35203-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" mouseiconclsid="{0BE35204-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" defaultlayout="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" defaultlineroute="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" version="7" nextobject="21" scale="100" pagebreakanchorx="0" pagebreakanchory="0" pagebreaksizex="0" pagebreaksizey="0" scrollleft="0" scrolltop="0" gridx="150" gridy="150" marginx="1000" marginy="1000" zoom="100" x="22199" y="13732" backcolor="15334399" defaultpersistence="2" PrintPageNumbersMode="3" PrintMarginTop="0" PrintMarginBottom="635" PrintMarginLeft="0" PrintMarginRight="0" marqueeselectionmode="1" mousepointer="0" snaptogrid="0" autotypeannotation="1" showscrollbars="0" viewpagebreaks="0" donotforceconnectorsbehindshapes="0" backpictureclsid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"&gt;

&lt;font&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="01000000900144420100065461686f6d61" /&gt;

&lt;/font&gt;

&lt;mouseicon&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="6c74000000000000" /&gt;

&lt;/mouseicon&gt;

&lt;/diagram&gt;

&lt;layoutmanager&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobj /&gt;

&lt;/layoutmanager&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Flat File Source" left="79" top="900" logicalid="4" controlid="1" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1164" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;&lt;control&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreaminitwrapper binary="000800000e0e00008c040000" /&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}/components/1" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;property name="ShowConnectorSource" value="0" vartype="2" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;shape groupshapeid="0" groupnode="0" /&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Counts the rows in a dataset." left="0" top="3440" logicalid="5" controlid="2" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1217" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;&lt;control&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreaminitwrapper binary="000800000e0e0000c1040000" /&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}/components/22" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="MSDDS.Polyline" left="1400" top="1665" logicalid="6" controlid="3" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="878" height="2275" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="1" autodrag="0" usedefaultiddshape="0" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="0" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;&lt;control&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;&lt;polyline endtypedst="3" endtypesrc="1" usercolor="32768" linestyle="0" linerender="1" customendtypedstid="0" customendtypesrcid="0" adornsvisible="1" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}/paths/26" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;property name="Virtual" value="0" vartype="11" /&gt;

&lt;property name="VisibleAP" value="0" vartype="3" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;connector lineroutestyle="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" sourceid="1" destid="2" sourceattachpoint="7" destattachpoint="6" segmenteditmode="0" bendpointeditmode="0" bendpointvisibility="2" relatedid="0" virtual="0"&gt;&lt;point x="1878" y="2064" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1878" y="2752" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1799" y="2752" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1799" y="3440" /&gt;

&lt;/connector&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;/dds&gt;&lt;/dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;/dwd:DtsDataFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;/TaskHost&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{A4CC3F23-EEDD-4979-A32B-65704DCDF0AB}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;PipelinePath xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:DestinationName&gt;Row Count Input 1&lt;/dwd:DestinationName&gt;&lt;dwd:SourceName&gt;Flat File Source Output&lt;/dwd:SourceName&gt;&lt;/PipelinePath&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}-26</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{16FFF19A-DA36-42C3-9B74-AF38E20B8F5E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;TaskHost xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:DtsDataFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;dwd:BoundingLeft&gt;1000&lt;/dwd:BoundingLeft&gt;&lt;dwd:BoundingTop&gt;1000&lt;/dwd:BoundingTop&gt;&lt;dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;dds&gt;

&lt;diagram fontclsid="{0BE35203-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" mouseiconclsid="{0BE35204-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" defaultlayout="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" defaultlineroute="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" version="7" nextobject="14" scale="100" pagebreakanchorx="0" pagebreakanchory="0" pagebreaksizex="0" pagebreaksizey="0" scrollleft="0" scrolltop="0" gridx="150" gridy="150" marginx="1000" marginy="1000" zoom="100" x="22093" y="13732" backcolor="15334399" defaultpersistence="2" PrintPageNumbersMode="3" PrintMarginTop="0" PrintMarginBottom="635" PrintMarginLeft="0" PrintMarginRight="0" marqueeselectionmode="1" mousepointer="0" snaptogrid="0" autotypeannotation="1" showscrollbars="0" viewpagebreaks="0" donotforceconnectorsbehindshapes="0" backpictureclsid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"&gt;

&lt;font&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="01000000900144420100065461686f6d61" /&gt;

&lt;/font&gt;

&lt;mouseicon&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="6c74000000000000" /&gt;

&lt;/mouseicon&gt;

&lt;/diagram&gt;

&lt;layoutmanager&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj /&gt;

&lt;/layoutmanager&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Flat File Source" left="1238" top="1000" logicalid="5" controlid="1" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1164" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreaminitwrapper binary="000800000e0e00008c040000" /&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}/components/1" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Counts the rows in a dataset." left="1000" top="3355" logicalid="6" controlid="2" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1164" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}/components/22" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="MSDDS.Polyline" left="2400" top="1765" logicalid="7" controlid="3" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="1037" height="2090" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="1" autodrag="0" usedefaultiddshape="0" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="0" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;polyline endtypedst="3" endtypesrc="1" usercolor="32768" linestyle="0" linerender="1" customendtypedstid="0" customendtypesrcid="0" adornsvisible="1" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}/paths/26" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;connector lineroutestyle="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" sourceid="1" destid="2" sourceattachpoint="7" destattachpoint="6" segmenteditmode="0" bendpointeditmode="0" bendpointvisibility="2" relatedid="0" virtual="0"&gt;

&lt;point x="3037" y="2164" /&gt;

&lt;point x="3037" y="2759" /&gt;

&lt;point x="2799" y="2759" /&gt;

&lt;point x="2799" y="3355" /&gt;

&lt;/connector&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;/dds&gt;&lt;/dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;/dwd:DtsDataFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;/TaskHost&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{7C29E4F0-6EEA-455B-8721-06DACDE924C5}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;PipelinePath xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:DestinationName&gt;Row Count Input 1&lt;/dwd:DestinationName&gt;&lt;dwd:SourceName&gt;Flat File Source Output&lt;/dwd:SourceName&gt;&lt;/PipelinePath&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}-26</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{DF0853E6-A48F-4717-9B3B-0328F91D728B}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;Package xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:DtsControlFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;dwd:BoundingTop&gt;1000&lt;/dwd:BoundingTop&gt;&lt;dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;dds&gt;

&lt;diagram fontclsid="{0BE35203-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" mouseiconclsid="{0BE35204-8F91-11CE-9DE3-00AA004BB851}" defaultlayout="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" defaultlineroute="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" version="7" nextobject="10" scale="100" pagebreakanchorx="0" pagebreakanchory="0" pagebreaksizex="0" pagebreaksizey="0" scrollleft="-1000" scrolltop="0" gridx="150" gridy="150" marginx="1000" marginy="1000" zoom="100" x="22093" y="14658" backcolor="15334399" defaultpersistence="2" PrintPageNumbersMode="3" PrintMarginTop="0" PrintMarginBottom="635" PrintMarginLeft="0" PrintMarginRight="0" marqueeselectionmode="1" mousepointer="0" snaptogrid="0" autotypeannotation="1" showscrollbars="0" viewpagebreaks="0" donotforceconnectorsbehindshapes="1" backpictureclsid="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"&gt;

&lt;font&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="01010000900180380100065461686f6d61" /&gt;

&lt;/font&gt;

&lt;mouseicon&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobjectstreamwrapper binary="6c74000000000000" /&gt;

&lt;/mouseicon&gt;

&lt;/diagram&gt;

&lt;layoutmanager&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj /&gt;

&lt;/layoutmanager&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Data Flow Task" left="4" top="1000" logicalid="4" controlid="1" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1164" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="DdsShapes.DdsObjectManagedBridge.1" tooltip="Data Flow Task" left="0" top="3647" logicalid="5" controlid="2" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="3598" height="1164" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="0" autodrag="1" usedefaultiddshape="1" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="1" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;ddscontrol controlprogid="MSDDS.Polyline" left="1400" top="1765" logicalid="6" controlid="3" masterid="0" hint1="0" hint2="0" width="803" height="2382" noresize="0" nomove="0" nodefaultattachpoints="1" autodrag="0" usedefaultiddshape="0" selectable="1" showselectionhandles="0" allownudging="1" isannotation="0" dontautolayout="0" groupcollapsed="0" tabstop="1" visible="1" snaptogrid="0"&gt;

&lt;control&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;polyline endtypedst="3" endtypesrc="1" usercolor="32768" linestyle="0" linerender="2" customendtypedstid="0" customendtypesrcid="0" adornsvisible="1" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/control&gt;

&lt;layoutobject&gt;

&lt;ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;property name="LogicalObject" value="{E5DE5994-5230-47CD-A70A-9C117BA0485E}" vartype="8" /&gt;

&lt;/ddsxmlobj&gt;

&lt;/layoutobject&gt;

&lt;connector lineroutestyle="Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Layout.GraphLayout" sourceid="1" destid="2" sourceattachpoint="7" destattachpoint="6" segmenteditmode="0" bendpointeditmode="0" bendpointvisibility="2" relatedid="0" virtual="0"&gt;

&lt;point x="1803" y="2164" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1803" y="2905" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1799" y="2905" /&gt;

&lt;point x="1799" y="3647" /&gt;

&lt;/connector&gt;

&lt;/ddscontrol&gt;

&lt;/dds&gt;&lt;/dwd:Layout&gt;&lt;dwd:PersistedViewPortLeft&gt;-1000&lt;/dwd:PersistedViewPortLeft&gt;&lt;/dwd:DtsControlFlowDiagram&gt;&lt;/Package&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{D2E26F4D-C9B3-4BC3-8945-8B481556EC6E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{C1C55B3D-9700-4A72-A737-C77279B1C1A4}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable>

<DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="PackageVariableValue" DTS:DataType="8">&lt;PrecedenceConstraint xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dwd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/DataWarehouse/Designer/1.0"&gt;&lt;dwd:EvalOp&gt;Constraint&lt;/dwd:EvalOp&gt;&lt;/PrecedenceConstraint&gt;</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">dts-designer-1.0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">{E5DE5994-5230-47CD-A70A-9C117BA0485E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{F923DDEA-6A2B-41CF-8687-086F9DCED7E3}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PackageVariable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecValue">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecValue" DTS:DataType="3">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecutionResult">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Disabled">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailPackageOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailParentOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaxErrorCount">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ISOLevel">1048576</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">1033</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TransactionOption">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Variable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Expression"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EvaluateAsExpression">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">User</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ReadOnly">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="RaiseChangedEvent">0</DTS:Property><DTS:VariableValue DTS:DataType="3">0</DTS:VariableValue><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">RowsToSkip</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{BAF16F30-72A4-4EF6-88EE-B768B919EDFE}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:Variable>

<DTS:Variable><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Expression"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EvaluateAsExpression">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Namespace">User</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ReadOnly">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="RaiseChangedEvent">0</DTS:Property><DTS:VariableValue DTS:DataType="3">0</DTS:VariableValue><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">TotalRowsProcessed</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{ACE3EE7C-42B1-4723-93F2-4DD78632C3C0}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:Variable>

<DTS:LoggingOptions><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LoggingMode">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FilterKind">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EventFilter" DTS:DataType="8"></DTS:Property></DTS:LoggingOptions>

<DTS:Executable DTS:ExecutableType="DTS.Pipeline.1"><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecutionLocation">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecutionAddress"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TaskContact">Performs high-performance data extraction, transformation and loading;Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft SQL Server v9; (C) 2004 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved;http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support/default.asp;1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecValue">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecValue" DTS:DataType="3">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecutionResult">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Disabled">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailPackageOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailParentOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaxErrorCount">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ISOLevel">1048576</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TransactionOption">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:LoggingOptions><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LoggingMode">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FilterKind">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EventFilter" DTS:DataType="8"></DTS:Property></DTS:LoggingOptions><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Get number of Rows to skip</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description">Data Flow Task</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">DTS.Pipeline.1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DisableEventHandlers">0</DTS:Property><DTS:ObjectData><pipeline id="0" name="pipelineXml" description="pipelineXml" defaultBufferMaxRows="10000" engineThreads="5" defaultBufferSize="10485760" BLOBTempStoragePath="" bufferTempStoragePath="" runInOptimizedMode="true">

<components>

<component id="1" name="RowsToSkipFile" componentClassID="{90C7770B-DE7C-435E-880E-E718C92C0573}" description="Flat File Source" localeId="1033" usesDispositions="true" validateExternalMetadata="True" version="1" pipelineVersion="0" contactInfo="Flat File Source;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved; http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support;1">

<properties>

<property id="7" name="RetainNulls" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies whether zero-length columns are treated as null." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property>

<property id="8" name="FileNameColumnName" dataType="System.String" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies the name of an output column containing the file name. If no name is specified, no output column containing the file name will be generated." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None"></property></properties>

<connections>

<connection id="6" name="FlatFileConnection" description="" connectionManagerID="{B4E76134-2240-413F-8640-BB2CA25108A2}"/></connections>

<outputs>

<output id="2" name="Flat File Source Output" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="0" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="false" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><outputColumns>

<outputColumn id="18" name="Column 0" description="" lineageId="18" precision="0" scale="0" length="50" dataType="str" codePage="1252" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="0" errorOrTruncationOperation="Conversion" errorRowDisposition="FailComponent" truncationRowDisposition="FailComponent" externalMetadataColumnId="17"><properties>

<property id="19" name="FastParse" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Indicates whether the column uses the faster, locale-neutral parsing routines." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property>

<property id="20" name="UseBinaryFormat" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Indicates whether the data is in binary format." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property></properties></outputColumn></outputColumns><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="True">

<externalMetadataColumn id="17" name="Column 0" description="" precision="0" scale="0" length="50" dataType="str" codePage="1252"/></externalMetadataColumns></output>

<output id="3" name="Flat File Source Error Output" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="0" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="true" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><outputColumns>

<outputColumn id="21" name="Flat File Source Error Output Column" description="Flat File Source Error Output Column" lineageId="21" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="text" codePage="1252" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="0" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/>

<outputColumn id="4" name="ErrorCode" description="" lineageId="4" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="i4" codePage="0" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="1" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/>

<outputColumn id="5" name="ErrorColumn" description="" lineageId="5" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="i4" codePage="0" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="2" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/></outputColumns><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></output>

</outputs>

</component>

<component id="22" name="Row Count" componentClassID="{DE50D3C7-41AF-4804-9247-CF1DEB147971}" description="Counts the rows in a dataset." localeId="-1" usesDispositions="false" validateExternalMetadata="True" version="0" pipelineVersion="0" contactInfo="Row Count;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved; http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support;0">

<properties>

<property id="23" name="VariableName" dataType="System.String" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies the variable to hold the row count." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">RowsToSkip</property></properties>

<inputs>

<input id="24" name="Row Count Input 1" description="" hasSideEffects="true" dangling="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></input>

</inputs>

<outputs>

<output id="25" name="Row Count Output 1" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="24" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="false" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></output>

</outputs>

</component>

</components>

<paths>

<path id="26" name="Flat File Source Output" description="" startId="2" endId="24"/>

</paths></pipeline></DTS:ObjectData></DTS:Executable>

<DTS:Executable DTS:ExecutableType="DTS.Pipeline.1"><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecutionLocation">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecutionAddress"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TaskContact">Performs high-performance data extraction, transformation and loading;Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft SQL Server v9; (C) 2004 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved;http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support/default.asp;1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecValue">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ExecValue" DTS:DataType="3">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ForceExecutionResult">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Disabled">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailPackageOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FailParentOnFailure">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="MaxErrorCount">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ISOLevel">1048576</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LocaleID">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="TransactionOption">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DelayValidation">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:LoggingOptions><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LoggingMode">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="FilterKind">1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EventFilter" DTS:DataType="8"></DTS:Property></DTS:LoggingOptions><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Process Input FIle</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description">Data Flow Task</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">DTS.Pipeline.1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DisableEventHandlers">0</DTS:Property><DTS:ObjectData><pipeline id="0" name="pipelineXml" description="pipelineXml" defaultBufferMaxRows="10000" engineThreads="5" defaultBufferSize="10485760" BLOBTempStoragePath="" bufferTempStoragePath="" runInOptimizedMode="true">

<components>

<component id="1" name="InputFile" componentClassID="{90C7770B-DE7C-435E-880E-E718C92C0573}" description="Flat File Source" localeId="1033" usesDispositions="true" validateExternalMetadata="True" version="1" pipelineVersion="0" contactInfo="Flat File Source;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved; http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support;1">

<properties>

<property id="7" name="RetainNulls" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies whether zero-length columns are treated as null." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property>

<property id="8" name="FileNameColumnName" dataType="System.String" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies the name of an output column containing the file name. If no name is specified, no output column containing the file name will be generated." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None"></property></properties>

<connections>

<connection id="6" name="FlatFileConnection" description="" connectionManagerID="{A081F4A2-505B-4C7B-9C04-3220393EF2AD}"/></connections>

<outputs>

<output id="2" name="Flat File Source Output" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="0" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="false" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><outputColumns>

<outputColumn id="18" name="Column 0" description="" lineageId="18" precision="0" scale="0" length="50" dataType="str" codePage="1252" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="0" errorOrTruncationOperation="Conversion" errorRowDisposition="FailComponent" truncationRowDisposition="FailComponent" externalMetadataColumnId="17"><properties>

<property id="19" name="FastParse" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Indicates whether the column uses the faster, locale-neutral parsing routines." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property>

<property id="20" name="UseBinaryFormat" dataType="System.Boolean" state="default" isArray="false" description="Indicates whether the data is in binary format." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">false</property></properties></outputColumn></outputColumns><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="True">

<externalMetadataColumn id="17" name="Column 0" description="" precision="0" scale="0" length="50" dataType="str" codePage="1252"/></externalMetadataColumns></output>

<output id="3" name="Flat File Source Error Output" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="0" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="true" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><outputColumns>

<outputColumn id="21" name="Flat File Source Error Output Column" description="Flat File Source Error Output Column" lineageId="21" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="text" codePage="1252" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="0" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/>

<outputColumn id="4" name="ErrorCode" description="" lineageId="4" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="i4" codePage="0" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="1" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/>

<outputColumn id="5" name="ErrorColumn" description="" lineageId="5" precision="0" scale="0" length="0" dataType="i4" codePage="0" sortKeyPosition="0" comparisonFlags="0" specialFlags="2" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed" externalMetadataColumnId="0"/></outputColumns><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></output>

</outputs>

</component>

<component id="22" name="Row Count" componentClassID="{DE50D3C7-41AF-4804-9247-CF1DEB147971}" description="Counts the rows in a dataset." localeId="-1" usesDispositions="false" validateExternalMetadata="True" version="0" pipelineVersion="0" contactInfo="Row Count;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved; http://www.microsoft.com/sql/support;0">

<properties>

<property id="23" name="VariableName" dataType="System.String" state="default" isArray="false" description="Specifies the variable to hold the row count." typeConverter="" UITypeEditor="" containsID="false" expressionType="None">TotalRowsProcessed</property></properties>

<inputs>

<input id="24" name="Row Count Input 1" description="" hasSideEffects="true" dangling="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></input>

</inputs>

<outputs>

<output id="25" name="Row Count Output 1" description="" exclusionGroup="0" synchronousInputId="24" deleteOutputOnPathDetached="false" hasSideEffects="false" dangling="false" isErrorOut="false" isSorted="false" errorOrTruncationOperation="" errorRowDisposition="NotUsed" truncationRowDisposition="NotUsed"><externalMetadataColumns isUsed="False"/></output>

</outputs>

</component>

</components>

<paths>

<path id="26" name="Flat File Source Output" description="" startId="2" endId="24"/>

</paths></pipeline></DTS:ObjectData></DTS:Executable>

<DTS:PrecedenceConstraint><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Value">0</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="EvalOp">2</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="LogicalAnd">-1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Expression"></DTS:Property><DTS:Executable IDREF="{1C9D2F10-2FAE-4DB7-A5B8-C95FD8A5BD6E}" DTS:IsFrom="-1"/><DTS:Executable IDREF="{A2E3E228-741C-4394-B16E-89A40BE4DC32}" DTS:IsFrom="0"/><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">Constraint</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{E5DE5994-5230-47CD-A70A-9C117BA0485E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName"></DTS:Property></DTS:PrecedenceConstraint><DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">RowsToSkip_FlatFile</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DTSID">{D2E26F4D-C9B3-4BC3-8945-8B481556EC6E}</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="Description"></DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="CreationName">MSDTS.Package.1</DTS:Property><DTS:Property DTS:Name="DisableEventHandlers">0</DTS:Property></DTS:Executable>

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:02 PM
  • Hmmm...yeah..even i encountered the same.But is there any other way to acheive this.?

-Suganya

Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

Y am i not able to skip the number of rows if i set the value to the variable during runtime.But the same works if i set the value during design time.???

Am just trying to do something or the other to find out the reason.But nothing is working..

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:25 AM

Hi,

Did you finally solve this problem?

I could do it by :

1. one data flow with a source file component and a rowcount to get the number of row to be skipped; the number is stoed in a SSIS variable(e.g. RowsSkip)
    2. a second data flow with a source file with the data to be imported; a script component to add the rownumber to every row in the pipeline (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908460) and a conditional split with a condition like RowNumber > @[User::RowsToSkip]

Thanks

let me know if you need the details...

Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:21 PM