none
Format column in query result to show full width of content

Question

• I am getting tired of resizing columns to see the full content by double-clicking on the column separator in the query result window.

Is there a way to specify that a column should display the full width of its content?

By default, it seems to display max 48 characters for a column - how can I increase this?

Thanks,

Stian

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi StianDanielsen,

Which version of SQL Server Management Studio are you using?

As far as I know, we cannot set column width of the query result in SQL Server Management Studio. I would suggest you submit a feedback on the Connect site.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.

• Edited by KJian_ Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by StianDanielsen Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:50 AM

All replies

• switch to text instead of grid mode for result window. (using tool bar button or one of the menu Display Result as Text or the like)
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:16 PM
  • switch to text instead of grid mode for result window. (using tool bar button or one of the menu Display Result as Text or the like)

Thanks Daniel

I was hoping to avoid that as I appreciate the grid mode. No way to achieve this in grid mode?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi StianDanielsen,

Which version of SQL Server Management Studio are you using?

As far as I know, we cannot set column width of the query result in SQL Server Management Studio. I would suggest you submit a feedback on the Connect site.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.

• Edited by KJian_ Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by StianDanielsen Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:50 AM
  • kindly go through the below link it may help you.

http://www.dharma.com/downloads/SDK9.1_ISQL.pdf

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:44 AM