none
The item '/' cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)

Question

• I just installed reporting services standard on windows 2000 sp4; SQL has sp3a. When i first go into the report manager, i get the above error. the current url is: 
    http://ghcacct1/ReportsElite/Pages/Folder.aspx
    I've looked all over and haven't found any reason why i get this. if there is anyone that can help, i would really appreciate it. 
    thanks, denise
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:56 PM

All replies

•  

I know this was posted about a year and half ago but I had the same problem and was able to fix it.  I removed the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases from SQL Management Studio and recreated them using Reporting Services Configuration.  Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:00 PM
  • WOW, I've got the same error after installing reporting services with SQL 2008 R2, setup as the installer intended and Reporting Service Configuration manager says it all OK. But nothing works since 2006.

Microsoft has outdone itself this time. I expect Microsoft to be pretty lame, but exceeding my expectations like this, just wow.

Dropping and recreating the Reporting database as suggested for earlier SQL version results in this error:

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'C.0.9.45'. The expected version is '147'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase) 

The online help results in this unhelpful nonsense:

There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time.

Cheers, Mark.

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:40 AM