none
32 bit Jet 4.0 driver for Windows Server 2008

Question

• Hi,

I have been searching forums high and low for a solution to running SSIS with Excel destination on Windows Server 2008 and have found that I do not have the Jet 4.0 32bit driver for Windows Server 2008 installed. I searched for it and Microsoft say that if you are trying to download the latest driver for Windows Server 2008 that you already have it? I dont.

Does anyone know where I can get the 32bit version of Jet 4.0 driver for Windows Server 2008

Thanks

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi samuelmoneill,

Since you are using Windows Server 2008, Jet should be included in the operating system. Could you please elaborate a bit on your scenario? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008?

Please see if you can find the Msjet40.dll on your machine.

On 32-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the Msjet40.dll file is in the Windows\System32 folder or in the Windows\System folder.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the Msjet40.dll file is in the Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

If you cannot find the file, I would suggest you move to a Windows forum for more help since this forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server.

Reference:

How to obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:22 AM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 5:47 AM

All replies

• Jet drivers were only 32 bit there was no 64 bit version for the same.

You have to use ACE drivers in order to access an excel file and an OLEDB connection instead of an Excel Connection

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

My Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hi samuelmoneill,

Since you are using Windows Server 2008, Jet should be included in the operating system. Could you please elaborate a bit on your scenario? Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008?

Please see if you can find the Msjet40.dll on your machine.

On 32-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the Msjet40.dll file is in the Windows\System32 folder or in the Windows\System folder.

On 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems, the Msjet40.dll file is in the Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

If you cannot find the file, I would suggest you move to a Windows forum for more help since this forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server.

Reference:

How to obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:22 AM
    Friday, February 03, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

I have been searching forums high and low for a solution to running SSIS with Excel destination on Windows Server 2008 and have found that I do not have the Jet 4.0 32bit driver for Windows Server 2008 installed. I searched for it and Microsoft say that if you are trying to download the latest driver for Windows Server 2008 that you already have it? I dont.

Does anyone know where I can get the 32bit version of Jet 4.0 driver for Windows Server 2008

Thanks

Please have a read of this blog post I put together abiut JETand ACE on 64-bit platforms.  It was written specifically for SSIS http://blog.wharton.com.au/2011/10/19/ssis-consuming-microsoft-access-or-microsoft-excel-data-sources-in-64-bit-environments/
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, February 03, 2012 7:43 AM