none
deploye report when there is data

Question

• hi,

i want to do when there is data then only i need to deploy report , otherwise not,

how to do in ssrs

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Do you mean that you want to show report to users when data is available and not show the report when data is not available ?

If Yes ....

The user will always see the report, irrespective of data (in case of no data will see blank report). What you can do is check for data and hide/show a kind of watermark across (e.g : "No Data found"). The users will see only this text if not data is available and report when data is available.

If I understood wrong, please explain what you need ...

- Girija

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:46 AM
  • I think I know what you are asking... look here to see one approach: Click!

I actually do something similar for all of my morning reports.  I created a SQL Agent job with a series of steps to manually execute report subscription shared schedules.  I only execute that SQL Agent job once the data is available.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you please explain more detailed what you are trying to achieve? What I don't understand is that you create Report for not existing data and because data don't exists, you don't what to deploy the Report for the not existing data ... ?

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Do you mean that you want to show report to users when data is available and not show the report when data is not available ?

If Yes ....

The user will always see the report, irrespective of data (in case of no data will see blank report). What you can do is check for data and hide/show a kind of watermark across (e.g : "No Data found"). The users will see only this text if not data is available and report when data is available.

If I understood wrong, please explain what you need ...

- Girija

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:46 AM
  • I think I know what you are asking... look here to see one approach: Click!

I actually do something similar for all of my morning reports.  I created a SQL Agent job with a series of steps to manually execute report subscription shared schedules.  I only execute that SQL Agent job once the data is available.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:13 AM