none
error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified

Question

• SQL server 2008 express in window 7 development machine which is not wired to internet through router, enabled wire network but no 127.0.0.1 display in ipconfig

success to find instance in network services of management studio after SQL browser service enabled

but asp .net application has connection error

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

then i find no surface configuration, then i open configuration manager, one of item in left panel 's TCP/IP is disabled, then i try to enable it said will be saved change until service stop and restart.

and then stop the services of SQL server's intance services and SQL browser services

then try to enable above again, it pop up the same message box. it seems can not enable it

as i have to sleep, i only guess that i have to change account to administrator in

window 7 to enable it. hope tomorrow success, but if not this reason, what should do next?

• Edited by 沈世鈞 Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:33 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies

• After use above executable file and run the command

it return server information and said 1434 is listening

i replace DataSource with Server and Database format as follows

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Integrated Security=SSPI;

as this project is i wrote in company with SQL server 2005 and now at home is Server 2008, so i delete App_Data directory which included mdf and _log

then after F5 run the project, it said unable to connect SQL serve, this error come from Profile's property name

then i delete connection in Server Explorer and add connection again. success connect, and then run project again

meet the same Error

finally it can success connect SQL server 2008 express, except using Profile

• Edited by 沈世鈞 Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:14 PM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:19 AM