none
How to use Custom Culture in SSRS Reports?

Question

• Hi All,

We are using VS and SSRS 2008. As our requirements we are creating Custom Culture by using 'CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder'. We have around some 15 Custom Cultures which are named with 'EN-GB-WF', 'EN-GB-SLA' and so on and these cultures are using en-GB as base culture. When we set these cultures to CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture and CurrentThread.CurrentCulture our web site works fine, but the SSRS reports are not working and we are getting error as:

Culture ID 4096 (0x1000) is not a supported culture.
    Parameter name: culture

But the same reports works fine when the 'en-GB' culture is set to the Current Thread.

When I searched for this on net, I got know that SSRS will use only the ISO listed Cultures but not the other custom cultures. Because SSRS will use the culture based on LCID rather than Culture Name. Our cultures are registered with 4096 LCID.

I tried some more search but till now no luck. Could some please let me know how we can resolve the this error by using Custom Culture setting to the SSRS reports?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sree Harshavardhana

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems that you  display SSRS report with Report Viewer control in web application? If so, I'am afraid it not support custom cultures.

http://codinginthetrenches.com/2012/net-custom-cultures-and-sqlserver-reporting-services/

Regards,
    Summer

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Hi Summer,

Thanks for reply. I had read this article earlier, but even it did not help me out to solve the issue.

If you look at the blog, the first paragraph it self has mentioned that Custom Cultures are not supported by Asp.Net Report Viewer. :( Right now we are using VS 2008 but as per the blog, custom culture is supported only in 2010 onwards. Since SSRS report is still using LCID value to identify the Culture it's breaking in my case.

So, I would like to know is there any alternate way to achieve Custom Culture for SSRS 2008.

Regards,

Sree Harshavardhana

Friday, May 03, 2013 5:14 AM
  • is this regarding translations?
    Friday, May 03, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Basically, we using en-GB as the Base language for all the custom culture and at any point of time to change the text in Local Resource file for particular culture. We are not doing any Language translation at the moment. I feel even we have other custom culture say 'EN-US-SLA' also might have same issue. Since when we register this culture it will have different LCID and report might not work.
    Monday, May 06, 2013 1:43 PM