none
No Data Available

Question

• ello,

I am trying to process Microsoft Access Database to SQL Server 2008 using the "Microsoft SQL Server Assistant 2008 for Access (32 bits)" but when adding the database it shows the skeleton Queries and Tables but nothing below... no query? no Table?

If I connect to Access the data and queries and reports are listed...

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:55 AM

Answers

• Dom,

Could you provide some screenshoots of your SSMA wizard? Is there any warnings is your SSMA? This error may be a result of running SSMA as 64-bit application while having only 32-bit connectivity components installed or vice versa. Please run SSMA in 32-bit (or 64-bit) mode or consider updating your connectivity components.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Felyjos Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Felyjos,

Please check your SQL Server Assistant for Access's version, if it is not the latest, I would like suggest you to download the latest version V4.2 and try again, you can download it from here.

Check the preparing of your Access Database for migration:
    Your database must be in Access 97 format, or later.
    You must remove Access security features. They are incompatible with SQL Server.
    Check over the list of incompatible features found in the Help.chm file that is installed in the \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant 2008 for Access\help\ folder and fix any of the issues you find. Incompatible features include tables that don’t have unique indexes, replication columns, date values that are out of the SQL Server datetime range, object names that are SQL Server keywords, special characters in column names, and hyperlink columns.

For more information, you can refer to this similar thread and this blog.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:03 AM
  • Hello Iric,

I have version 4.2.2330 QFE1.

Access Database 14.0.5128.5000.

No Security feature the process was wroking in November 2011!!!

Let me review the incompatibvilty list...

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Hi Dom,

Any progress?

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:04 AM
  • Hi Iric,

No I could not find out where is the issue...

The origin is Access Database stored on a SharePoint ... let me check again when I get chance 

Thanks,

Dom

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Dom,

Could you provide some screenshoots of your SSMA wizard? Is there any warnings is your SSMA? This error may be a result of running SSMA as 64-bit application while having only 32-bit connectivity components installed or vice versa. Please run SSMA in 32-bit (or 64-bit) mode or consider updating your connectivity components.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    • Marked as answer by Felyjos Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:05 AM
  • Hi Iric,

The desktop were SSMA is installed is 64-bits, the SharePoint server is 64-bits but the SSMA is 32-bits, let me try the 64-bits version...

SSMA 2008 for Access 4.2 QFE1 seems to be unique from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=959 there is no version 32-bits or 64-bits???

It Seems after reinstallation of the module SSMA 2008 it has transfered 2 tables.

How to see in SharePoint if they are clean? They are appearing in SQL Management Studio apparently...

Thanks,

Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:45 AM
    Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:35 AM