none
ssis post to web service

Question

• I'm new to SSIS and I have been unable to discover how to post to a web service. I have no trouble consuming a web service, but how do you post to one? Can someone point me to a resource?

CGW

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:04 AM

All replies

• You just call the webservice as in http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/24999/Calling-a-Web-Service-from-a-SQL-Integration-Servi

If you need special result handling then you need to use a Script Task with pure .Net code to interact with the webservice as it would be done say in a Console App and you should be able to find a lot of examples outside this forum.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Thanks Arthur. Like I posted earlier, I have no trouble calling the web service. The problem is writing to it. So, if I understand what you are saying correctly, if I want to post from within SSIS to a web service, to post a record or to simply post an acknowledgement, then I need to use scripting, right? There is no SSIS component specifically for writing or posting to a web service?

CGW

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:48 AM
  • Hi CGW,

You are right, there is no SSIS component specifically for writing to a web service, you need do it in scripting.

Thanks,
    Eileen

Eileen Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 15, 2013 3:11 PM