none
0xC0010001 with Parameterized OLEDB Source

Question

• I am trying to call a stored procedure as part of my OLEDBSource.  It takes two parameters.  @StartDate datetime and @EndDate datetime.

I define the SQLCommand in the OLE DB Source as:

sps_MyFoo ?, ?

I then click the parameters button and fill in:

@StartDate      User::ChangesSince
    @EndDate         System::StartTime

I have confirmed both of these variables have values before I hit my OLEDB Source.

I get this error message however:

Error: 0xC004701A at Foo, DTS.Pipeline: component "OLE DB Source" (222) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0010001.

Any ideas on a fix?  I have spent half a day or so at this point trying to figure this one out.

Thanks,

Chris

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:08 AM

Answers

• Well it looks like my issue was not the use of parameters but instead the use of System::StartTime.  I replaced this with a user variable and everything started working.
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:05 PM

All replies

• Chris

Have a look at the article below

http://www.sqlis.com/default.aspx?309,1

Have you looked at "Show Advanced Editor" option in OLE DB Source?

Thanks

Sutha

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:18 AM
  • So this article talks about a OLE DB Command not source.  The editors are different. 

I had not looked at the advanced editor and do see that it has a property called Parameter mapping that looks to be relevant.  However it is totally undocumented in SQL Books Online as to its format.

It appears to be "Parameter Name",{RandomGUID},"Parameter Name",{RandomGUID} in this case.  No idea what might be wrong with it.
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:37 PM
  • Well it looks like my issue was not the use of parameters but instead the use of System::StartTime.  I replaced this with a user variable and everything started working.
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:05 PM
  • Is the parameter you passed in the Starttime variable into, is it an out parameter?

That would make sense since the starttime variable is read only.

K

Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:07 PM
  • Nope.  It was an input parameter.
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:30 PM
  • I don't have an answer. Please open a bug, and attach the package with the stored procedure so we can have a look at it.
    Thanks,
    K
    Friday, July 22, 2005 6:32 AM
  • Surely.  What URL do I use to log a bug?

Thanks,

Chris
    Friday, July 22, 2005 8:17 PM
  • Chris - Did you ever log this, and if so, have you received any indication of whether it will be fixed in the current version? I'm running SP2 and have run into the same issue.

Thanks,
    Matt

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:21 PM