none
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error

Question

• Hi
    I have created a webpage and saved it in C:\\Inetpub\wwwroot . but when I try to open the page in IE. It thrown an error as below:-

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Type:
      Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
      [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'KALAIMOHAN\IUSR_KALAIMOHAN'.
      /SLC/Jobs.asp, line 460

also googled in internet to get the solution, but it seems to be "LoadLibrary regsvr32 sqloledb.dll  is failed"
    How to rectify this problem ? Do i need to reinstall or download the .dll file
    Please advice me ASAP
    Rgds
    Km

• Moved by Raul Garcia - MS Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:21 AM data Access question (From:SQL Server Security)
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:14 PM

Answers

• According to the error trace, sqloledb should already be loaded. So, I think it is the invalid username or password to incur this kind of issue.
    Can you share us your connection string, so that we know what's wrong with it.
    You can also review your connection string according to some samples of http://www.codemaker.co.uk/it/tips/ado_conn.htm 

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:29 AM
  • The Error is coming from SQL Server. You need to check the login credentials.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:12 AM
  • It looks like your ASP app is trying to connect to SQL Server using integrated authentication. The default account that IIS runs under has minimum privileges. So that error is no surprise.

Please post your connection string. And explain how you want users to authenticate at SQL Server

Zlatko Michailov

Program Manager, SQL Server Protocols

Microsoft Corp.

If you are satisfied by this post, please mark it as “Answer”.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 01, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• According to the error trace, sqloledb should already be loaded. So, I think it is the invalid username or password to incur this kind of issue.
    Can you share us your connection string, so that we know what's wrong with it.
    You can also review your connection string according to some samples of http://www.codemaker.co.uk/it/tips/ado_conn.htm 

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:29 AM
  • The Error is coming from SQL Server. You need to check the login credentials.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:12 AM
  • It looks like your ASP app is trying to connect to SQL Server using integrated authentication. The default account that IIS runs under has minimum privileges. So that error is no surprise.

Please post your connection string. And explain how you want users to authenticate at SQL Server

Zlatko Michailov

Microsoft Corp.

Friday, May 01, 2009 9:31 PM
  • KM, what is the current status on this issue? Is it still pending, or was it resolved?

Zlatko Michailov

Microsoft Corp.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:16 PM