none
Linking Access to Sql Server 2005

Question

• Hello all, and thank you in advance for your help

i am currently running SQL server 05, recently we had an issue where a database was deleted out of SQl and when it was restored to SQL we are unable to link it to Access, in fact we cannot even find the Restored database in the save directory. we can find the original database that was compromised but we cannot find the database that was restored at all. any assistance would be much appreciated  
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

How so you connect to database.I suppose using a login or username.Make sure both of them exists in database and user is mapped to a login.

Also what is error which you are getting while connecting to database.Can you login into SQL server and check from there .I am sure if restored properly your DB will exist

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How so you connect to database.I suppose using a login or username.Make sure both of them exists in database and user is mapped to a login.

Also what is error which you are getting while connecting to database.Can you login into SQL server and check from there .I am sure if restored properly your DB will exist

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:09 AM
  • Check the Link Server;

• Edited by Har Das Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:21 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 6:02 AM