none
How to split table data into separate named Excel files end with datpartusing an SSIS package?

Question

• I followed this below great link to done 90% of work and also i created with excel files also but when i create with excel files with date parts its creating excel files only its not loading the data into those files. Please anyone help me on this .

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/520905/how-to-split-table-data-into-separate-named-excel-files-using-an-ssis-package

Example. In this above link showed  created North, south and template excel files files from table values. but in my case i want to create North_20130613, south_20130613 and  template_20130613. I created these files also but its not loading the data into thease(extended with date part) files.

or how to append everyday data into those files.

many Thanks in Advance

Anil

Laky

• Edited by A-ZSQL Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:48 PM

Answers

• In this package i passed system. object variable on excel destination file.So how to change that.

Did you mean to say that excel destination path was stored in object variable? If it is correct, then you have to chnage the data type of that variable to string. From the drop down available for variable data types, simply select the string data type...

Thanks, hsbal

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 1:25 PM

All replies

• To append the data into Excel you need a Script Task because the Excel connection does not support the OverwriteTarget = FALSE option.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Thanks For your Reply,

Still i'm confusing where can i place script task. In this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/520905/how-to-split-table-data-into-separate-named-excel-files-using-an-ssis-package.

Thanks& Regards

Anil

Laky

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:57 PM
  • I think where you try the excel sheet dynamically via expressions, there you can embed an expression to wriete date as YYYYMMDD format..

Thanks, hsbal

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Thanks For your Reply,

Still i'm confusing where can i place script task. In this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/520905/how-to-split-table-data-into-separate-named-excel-files-using-an-ssis-package.

Thanks& Regards

Anil

Laky

The script task should handle the population of the Excel file and therefore must be the last one in the chain.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Yes, i done and created new excel files with datepart.Its creating new excel files but not loading data into that dynamic excel files. Everytime its loading into old excel file only.

I thought its not taking those dynamic excel files on data flow task excel destination.

In this package i passed system. object variable on excel destination file.So how to change that.

Thank you

Anil

Laky

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:09 AM
  • In this package i passed system. object variable on excel destination file.So how to change that.

Did you mean to say that excel destination path was stored in object variable? If it is correct, then you have to chnage the data type of that variable to string. From the drop down available for variable data types, simply select the string data type...

Thanks, hsbal

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 1:25 PM