none
How to use Lookup Transformation in SSIS Package

Question

• Hi,

this post is reference of my some last posts, actually i want to separate duplicate records to another table & all records to base table but dont know how to possible through Lookup.

can some one guide me or send me link where i can get step on step information 

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi ashish ,

Check the below link..

http://www.sqlhub.com/2010/07/lookup-transformation-task-in-ssis-2008.html

Or Else Follow the below steps.

1. Drag your source component,

2. Add a lookp up component..

3. Connect source to lookup..

4. Rightclick---->edit lookup Component--->On General tab -->select fullcahe for cache mode ---> select oledb connection manager ---> select Redirect rows to no match output on Speficy how to handle with no match entries on dropdown..

5.Now go to Connection manager tab --> select connection of you lookup table--> select table for lookup  your base table.

6.Now go to Columns tab ---> You can see two boxes with your source columns and lookup table columns..

--->rightclick on source coulmn edit mappings (select column in source and lookup)

7. Click ok

8. Add a destination in to control folw---> connect the lookup output to destination.. while doing so it will gives a dropdown of matchout and no match output

9.Match output will be your duplicate rows , no matchoutput is your final records to load in to destination table..

Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi ashish ,

Check the below link..

http://www.sqlhub.com/2010/07/lookup-transformation-task-in-ssis-2008.html

Or Else Follow the below steps.

1. Drag your source component,

2. Add a lookp up component..

3. Connect source to lookup..

4. Rightclick---->edit lookup Component--->On General tab -->select fullcahe for cache mode ---> select oledb connection manager ---> select Redirect rows to no match output on Speficy how to handle with no match entries on dropdown..

5.Now go to Connection manager tab --> select connection of you lookup table--> select table for lookup  your base table.

6.Now go to Columns tab ---> You can see two boxes with your source columns and lookup table columns..

--->rightclick on source coulmn edit mappings (select column in source and lookup)

7. Click ok

8. Add a destination in to control folw---> connect the lookup output to destination.. while doing so it will gives a dropdown of matchout and no match output

9.Match output will be your duplicate rows , no matchoutput is your final records to load in to destination table..

Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Thanks.

Now Everything is clear..

Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:17 AM