none
SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x8000FFFF.

Question

• Hi All,

Recently in an SSIS package I am getting the following error for a particular Data flow task.

Error: 2008-01-25 12:01:48.58
    Code: 0xC0202009
    Source: Import Datasynapse Data User Events Source [3017]
    Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x8000FFFF.
    End Error
    Error: 2008-01-25 12:01:48.73
    Code: 0xC004701A
    Source: Import Datasynapse Data DTS.Pipeline
    Description: component "User Events Source" (3017) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202009.
    End Error

Our guess is when the data size of User Events table is more it throws this error. If we try to transfer small subset of data it succeeds. What could be reason for this error?

Since this is very urgent, immediate response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prakash Srinivasan
    Monday, January 28, 2008 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you check the connection manager used inside SSIS package, can you able to use this server(Used in connection) via SSMS without any error?

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:07 PM
  • Can you please post additional information about the data flow. In particular, what is your data source (where is the OLE DB source component getting its data) and how are you retreiving the data. Also, can you please elaborate on when the package works and when it does not? The variables that are different here are probably the interesting part of the problem. Also, are there any additional errors or warnings logged before this one?

Good luck!

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:28 PM
  • I represent Prakash Srinivasan. Let me put more information about this issue. I have many data flow task in the package. Only a data flow task named "User Events" throws this OLE DB error. Other data flow tasks work fine. At the same time "User Events" data flow task transfers data successfully if I run from BIDS, but throws error when I run the package on server.

Additional Info: "User Events" data flow task pulls back data from userevents table. If I transfer only top 10 records by changing the SQL query it also works fine on server.

Monday, January 28, 2008 3:49 PM
  • hi there,

from the additional information, simple thing i can see is - when you choose less records it takes lesser time to process that query. but when you query for processing all the records you are getting an error. if you are fetching the records (from userevents table) from some remote server then check its remote server timeout setting in SSMS' property.

and the simplest thing you can do it to catch that error into event handler. Put one script task in 'OnError' and read the variable 'ErrorDescription' and display that value using MessageBox.Show() method. So whenever something goes wrong you will get the exact error description.

Check these if you could get more details of an error.

Friday, April 16, 2010 3:47 AM