none
I am getting Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery with the name of database

Question

• I am on implementation site.I have configured the Mirroring with high availbilty, Synchronous and witness server is there.Now when I came back the databases are looking in Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery and only name is coming in SSMS.When I have checked the port 5022 has stopped from everywhere and all 3 servers are not able to talk to each other.Thats OK.

I have issue is that atleast principal server should show the tables,stored procedures etc. while  on clicking(+) in SSMS I am getting Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery with the name of database.

I have seen the data folder ,mdf and ldf are ok.

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"
    Friday, February 04, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

• I am on implementation site.I have configured the Mirroring with high availbilty, Synchronous and witness server is there.Now when I came back the databases are looking in Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery and only name is coming in SSMS.When I have checked the port 5022 has stopped from everywhere and all 3 servers are not able to talk to each other .Thats OK.

I have issue is that atleast principal server should show the tables,stored procedures etc. while  on clicking(+) in SSMS I am getting Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery with the name of database.

I have seen the data folder ,mdf and ldf are ok.

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"

What you want to achieve?

Check this white paper, if it helps: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc917680.aspx

SKG: Please Marked as Answered, if it resolves your issue.
    Friday, February 04, 2011 8:28 AM
  • Thanks,

The issue which I have found till : The Knoahsoft Admin has stopped the windows firewall due to which the ports were not telnetting.

I want to know what has happend with the databases,due to which mirroring has stopped.

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"
    Friday, February 04, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Thanks,

The issue which I have found till : The Knoahsoft Admin has stopped the windows firewall due to which the ports were not telnetting.

I want to know what has happend with the databases,due to which mirroring has stopped.

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"

If the ports are blocked, the endpoints will not be able to communicate, so you got "Mirror,Disconnected/Inrecovery" next to your database name.

However, it will not stopped Mirroring; however will be in the disconnected state. Once all the ports will be open and reachable, I think the mirroring will start, though you may face a latency due to the amount of data in queue.

Friday, February 04, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Dear,

When I have removed the mirroring by command

ALter database set partner off ;

then tables and all are looking fineand on mirror side the database is in recovering mode.

Now I am again trying to configure mirroring after database restoration and all , then it is givin error : the server network address tcp://~ cannot be reached.

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"
    Monday, February 07, 2011 6:37 AM
  • Start from basic troubleshooting for this issue, Use ping and telnet to see if the server is available and that the port is accessible.

Thanks, Leks
    Monday, February 07, 2011 6:45 AM
    Answerer
  • The issue here is that with principal being disconnected from both the mirror and the witness will always go offline to prevent SplitBrain scenarios... If you want to have the principal readable with no connection to the mirror then you have to remove the witness. With this you will loose automatic failover capabilites though...

The main question stays on though: What do you want to accomplish in the first place? And what is stopping your endpoints from communicating with each other?

Monday, February 07, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Thanks to all,

When I have first set up the mirroring then encryption were enabled.

Now I am trying with same end points then it is giving error "Rc4 Algo cannot be supported in fips compliance mode".

Now what I have done I have removed the end points and created new end points with encryption disabled,then setup the mirroring sucessfully.

Why encryption is not supporting no IDEA?error is "Rc4 Algo cannot be supported in fips compliance mode"

"SQLSERVER DBA" "INDIA"
    Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:20 AM
  • Could you please provide the code of your Endpoint configuration?
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:45 AM