none
Passing Object type variable to Child Package

Question

• Hi Friends,

I am deriving a result set in a parent package and I have to pass the same to the Child Package. I found out that we cannot do this using Parent Package Variable configuration option. I found out a code using Script Task to pass this variable from Parent to Child Package. However, I am getting an error while using this approach.

Error: COM error object information is available.  Source: "ADODB.Recordset"  error code: 0x800A0BCD  Description: "Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.".

Can someone let me know the reason why I am getting this error message. I use this variable in FEL container to access records. Is there any other better way to pass an object variable to child package.

Murali Krishnan

• Changed type Murali_CHN Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:01 AM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Friends,

I was passing the same object type variable to 2 different packages which execute in parallel and I guess thats the reason why I was getting this error message. I created 2 different object variabls and passed them to the corresponding packages and I was able to proceed further. I am not sure if this is the cause of the issue. But, passing 2 object variables worked instead of passing 1 to 2 diff packages.

Murali Krishnan

• Marked as answer by Murali_CHN Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:41 AM

All replies

• not sure it will work with an object variable... but have you tested the variable in a FEL in the master package to make sure it is filled correctly?

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:25 AM
  • I haven't tested it in the Master package. Do you mean to say that copying the object varible using script task might be creating the issue!

Murali Krishnan

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:45 AM
  • I haven't tested it in the Master package. Do you mean to say that copying the object varible using script task might be creating the issue!

Murali Krishnan

Yes (but never tested it), the object variable is kind of special compared to the other datatypes. But you first want to make sure the variable is filled correctly by testing it in the same package (master) where it was filled.

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:56 AM
  • Hi Friends,

I was passing the same object type variable to 2 different packages which execute in parallel and I guess thats the reason why I was getting this error message. I created 2 different object variabls and passed them to the corresponding packages and I was able to proceed further. I am not sure if this is the cause of the issue. But, passing 2 object variables worked instead of passing 1 to 2 diff packages.

Murali Krishnan

• Marked as answer by Murali_CHN Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:41 AM